“Mostly women of working age come to us (Wardrobe) and they want to work. When we were looking for cooks for a food truck, all the Ukrainian women who were volunteers in the Wardrobe signed up. We organized an audition and the result is two ladies who cook in this Ukrainian fast food, “said Wardrobe founder Nora Fridrichová.
The mobile restaurant in the Prague Market Hall will be open daily from 12:00 to 19:00. The menu will include borscht, vareniks and savory pancakes. Those interested can also subscribe to the needy, and coupons will distribute the coupons. According to Fridrichová, women with small children who fled to the Czech Republic from war-torn Ukraine will be invited to lunch.
The Deputy Mayor of Prague Pavel Vyhnánek and the Head of the Prague Exhibition Grounds Tomáš Hübl described the opening of the food truck as an aid that other cities, city districts and organizations could follow. “Setting up a food truck is not such a complication, it is an opportunity to involve Ukrainians in work and it will help,” said Hübl.
The wardrobe will also launch a portal with job offers
According to Fridrichová, up to 500 people a day have received material assistance from Šatník in recent days, when the capital was struggling with an influx of refugees. Now the number of people asking for help is lower, which according to her is also related to the decrease in the number of Ukrainians who went to Prague. The organization offers people both material assistance and job placement. According to its founder, the wardrobe plans to open a job portal for people from Ukraine in the near future.
BusLine wants to put the Ukrainians behind the wheel, asking for simpler rules
In hall number 29 in the market, there has also been a new workplace of the labor office since April, intended for submitting and processing applications for benefits. Refugees who arrived in the Czech Republic after February 24, when Russia launched an attack on Ukraine, are entitled to a humanitarian benefit of 5,000 crowns per month.
The Prague Market in Holešovice, which is a cultural monument, is also undergoing a major transformation. The public spaces between the buildings will gain a new look. Last year, the city had two houses demolished at the entrance to the complex from Jateční Street. According to Vyhnánek, the buildings were from the 1990s and did not fit into the historical appearance of the market. The capital, which owns the complex, wants to invest two to three billion crowns in its repair in the next 15 years. The area has a cultural, commercial and gastronomic function.