For the first big meeting of 2022, the Pinatar Cup being only a friendly tournament, the Red Flames did the job in Albania to achieve a new success (0-5) in group F of the qualifying campaign for the 2023 World Cup. And with the new jersey on your shoulders.
This fifth victory allows Belgium to earn its second place behind Norway, easy winner of Kosovo with three goals from the star Hegerberg who was celebrating his return to the selection, qualifying for the play-offs.
But to reach these play-offs in autumn, Belgium assumed their status against modest Albania, which the Belgian players had beaten 7-0.
But if the Belgian victory suffers no dispute, possession of the ball being largely in favor of the black-yellow-red players, it took time to take shape.
Facing an opposing team on a low block, in a very empty Elbasan Arena in the rain, the Belgian 4-4-2 unlocked the score after half an hour of play with Tine De Caigny heading in.
The Hoffenheim player rested in the midfield then followed up with an assist, a header from a cross from Philtjens, to serve Wullaert before increasing the score just before the break in a beautiful opportunist that it was necessary to be on. a feverish Albanian defense.
If the Albanians were playing a little higher, Tessa Wullaert put the Belgian counter back on track after recovering a boxed ball from Rexhepi on a heavy strike from De Neve.
Faced with Krasniqi, the only real local danger, the Belgian defense returned a new clean sheet while feeding its goal average, Blom carrying the scorer to 0-5 on a header, important for the classification for the play-offs.
- Albania: Rexhepi; Gjini, Hila, Curraj, Elezaj (68th Hamidi), Franja, Bejleri (82nd Tukaj), Maliqi, Krasniqi (88th Metalla), Maksuti (88th Lufo), Doci.
- Belgium: Evrard, Philtjens (74th Delacauw), De Neve (74th Onzia), Kees, Deloose (63rd Janssens), Biesmans, De Caigny, Wijnants (73rd Blom), Cayman, Eurlings (63rd Teulings), Wullaert.
- Referee: Me. Urban (Hon).
- Warnings: Biesmans, Deloose, Maksuti
- The goals: 37th De Caigny (0-1), 39th Wullaert (0-2), 43rd De Caigny (0-3), 56th Wullaert (0-4), 79th Blom (0-5)