By Nicholas Claich
The fire broke out shortly before midnight, on the night of Monday March 21 to Tuesday March 22, 2022. A caravan caught fire on the camp for sedentary travelers which adjoins the Festyland amusement park, in Carpiquetnear Caen (Calvados).
Transported to the CHU in absolute emergency
According to the first elements, the occupant of the caravan, a 91-year-old man, would have started to heat the water on his gas stove. But, probably following a gas leak, the household appliance would have exploded.
The nonagenarian, seriously burned, was taken care of by the emergency services and transported in a state of absolute emergency to the University Hospital of Caen.
The flames spread around
The caravan was completely destroyed in the fire and the flames spread around. A vehicle parked nearby was badly damaged, while the camp’s sanitary building was also hit. Vegetation also burned.
Was this article helpful to you? Know that you can follow Liberté Caen in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.