In Toulouse, the Low Emission Zone (ZFE), which provides for the gradual exclusion of the most polluting vehicles by 2024, applies from March 1 for trucks, vans and commercial vehicles. The Métropole has just decided on a series of derogations which will concern a limited number of vehicles.
Ride clean to avoid air pollution. From March 1, Toulouse Métropole will apply this principle within the framework of a Low Emission Zone (ZFE) which plans to prohibit the perimeter of the city and the western ring road (from Bordelongue to Minimes) to the most pollutants.
This Thursday, February 17, the Métropole published a series of deviant which will take special situations into account and which will only concern a limited number of vehicles. In this press release, Jean-Luc Moudenc, Mayor of Toulouse and President of the Metropolis, underlines his desire to “stand firm on the principles of the ZFE”. These derogations do not include the requests made by a collective of associations which wanted in particular the exclusion of motorcycles and the establishment of a ZFE limited to the day.
Here are the main grants granted by the Métropole for three years:
– certain types of company vehicles: refrigerated, public works, dumpsters, tank trucks, transport of live animals, etc.
– market supply vehicles
– professional moving vehicles
– collection vehicles. A reflection has been initiated by the State with a view to a permanent derogation.
– vehicles transporting hazardous materials, exceptional convoys, etc.
– vehicles holding a current resident parking subscription (temporarily until the end of the subscription).
– charity vehicles
Specific circumstances are also invoked for very specific categories of vehicles. On a permanent basis, the State has provided for an exemption for vehicles equipped with the “mobility inclusion” card or a parking card for disabled people.
As a reminder, here are the four key dates for the entry into force of the ZFE.
1. This March 1, 2022 will be concerned vans, vans and heavy goods vehicles Crit’Air 5 sticker and not classified.
2. September 1, 2022 Crit’Air 4 vignettes will be added for these vehicles.
3. January 1, 2023 : this is the date to remember for individuals because cars and motorized two-wheelers will begin to be affected (in addition to vans and trucks). On this date, Crit’Air 4, 5 and unclassified vignettes could no longer roll. For cars, these are petrol cars from before 1997 and diesel cars from before 2005. And two-wheelers registered before 2004.
4. On January 1, 2024:cars and two-wheelers rated Crit’Air 3 are in turn affected by the ban. These are petrol cars from before 2006 and diesel cars from before 2011. And two-wheelers from before 2006. That is, according to the Métropole, 16% of the rolling stock.