The 32-year-old goalkeeper veteran Sten Grytebust has OB, FC Copenhagen and Velje. – Well, after seven years in Denmark, the trip goes home to Sunnmøre and Aalesund.
- “It means a lot to come back, because this is where it all started. I have had some good years out and it was time to come back and contribute to AaFK again »says Casserole to the sides of the club.
- Grytebust was part of the club from 2008 to 2016. And in Norway, other clubs were not relevant for the Ellingsøy boy.
Read: Of course, the world’s biggest TV show also has the world’s biggest break program
Welcome to AaFK Mr… pic.twitter.com/guWykSnj0M
– AaFK – Aalesunds FK (@AalesundsFK) February 15, 2022
- «In Norway, AaFK is my club, and I played there from the age of 15-16, so I have a lot of matches in the Elite Series with them. Now I have gained more experience, and it fits well that it is a nice enthusiasm to walk around the team and the club. Now they are back in the Eliteserien, so then it was a good match »
- I have said throughout my career that I do not rule anything out, but when AaFK showed interest in me, the choice was simple.
In addition to the goods between the bars, he will help to contribute to other players in the club.
- “First and foremost, I want to contribute as a goalkeeper and achieve to help create good results. I have been part of the national team for a number of years and wasted good clubs in Denmark, so I am sure that both as a person and as a football player I have learned a lot that I can learn further. Hopefully I can contribute to the young players as well ».
Grytebust is in no doubt about what he is most looking forward to.
- Meeting the supporters again is perhaps what I look forward to most. It will be great to meet them, all the volunteers and everyone else who contributes in and around, says the 32-year-old.
Read on The Head of Health: An extra sleep can over help people to eat less
- When the opportunity to sign the goalkeeper appeared, AaFK was very ready to get him into the gates at Color Line Stadium.
- When Sten is now available, and motivated to move home and contribute with his competence, as a player and person, to AaFK to take new steps, then it is a “no-brainer” for us, says sports manager Bjørn Erik Melland.
He believes the status of the goalkeeper team in the club is very good by Norwegian standards.
- We have so far worked with Sten over time, and it has been natural when we have set that it can be realistic and a good solution for both parties. We have known that we needed at least one more goalkeeper after Andreas chose to give up. I’m adding Mike to perform the surgery. With this signing, I am sure we have one of the best, if not the best, goalkeeper team in Norway. This team will help to set the standard both in everyday training and in our matches, and it is important that we take the steps we want the next two or three years.
- Several years in a row
The signing of Grytebust is exactly the type AaFK wants. A returned son. And they come it will be more in the years as.
- He has developed into a national team and top international goalkeeper through having graduated from Ellingsøy and AaFK, and comes home to contribute with all the experience he has gained on the journey. A fantastic story, and a good picture of what a race for an ambitious Sunnmøre football player should be like, says Melland.
There are several ex-players who play abroad and they are most welcome back to Color Line Stadium when they return home to Norway.
- We have a good dialogue with local players who have stepped out of the club. We want these back to AaFK as soon as possible, provided that they still have the right motivation and something to contribute. We are sure that Sten has several years in him as a goalkeeper at a high level.