Princess Charlene of Monaco’s recovery, dental treatment ‘will take several more weeks’, palace says
The Royal Palace of Monaco a new update on the recovery of Princess Charlene.
The country celebrates Saint Dévote Day, an annual celebration in honor of their patron saint. The royal restaurant absent from the festivities.
“HSH Princess Charlene’s convalescence is currently proceeding in a very satisfactory and encouraged manner,” read a translation of the palace statement in French sent to Fox News on Thursday.
According to the palace, the 44-year-old’s recovery and dental treatment “will take several more weeks”. As a result, “the princess will unfortunately not be able to attend the festivities of Sainte Dévote this year”.
PRINCESS CHARLENE OF MONACO CONTINUES HER RECOVERY ON HER 44TH BIRTHDAY
“With her husband HSH Prince Albert II, she wholeheartedly joins all Monegasques and residents on the occasion of these celebrations,” the statement said. “As soon as her health permits, it will be with joy that the princess will once again share moments of conviviality with them. »
“During this period, the royal couple ask that their privacy and that of their children continue to be respected,” the statement ended.
Charlene, who celebrated her birthday on Wednesday, is currently being treated outside Monaco after suffering physical and emotional exhaustion.
In May Charlene traveled to South Africa for what was to be a 10 day visit. However, complications from a previous ENT procedure led to several corrective surgeries. She was grounded in South Africa and recovered until November, when she finally returned to Monaco.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
But soon after arriving in Monaco, the princess quickly experienced signs of emotional and physical exhaustion. After consulting with her doctors and family, Charlene decided to seek treatment. It was ultimately determined that Charlene was treating herself at a facility outside of Monaco.
Still, Charlene stayed in close contact with her family through daily phone and video calls, magazine people reported. The outlet noted that at least one family visit took place over the holidays and that Albert has privately visited his wife on several occasions since then.
During the couple’s months apart, rumors of an impending split were intensified by the tabloids. Albert, 63, told People magazine he was “appalled”, noting that she was “ready to stow away on a boat back to Europe” if necessary.
“Obviously he misses the kids,” he told the outlet. “And they miss her. We all miss her. »
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The famous athlete married the prince on July 1, 2011. The wedding was a spectacle, costing around $70 million for the four-day event. They welcomed twins in 2014.
Their public birthday celebration was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Associated Press granted this report.