Music, reading, cinema, here is the eclectic program for this weekend of January 22 and 23 in the Nord and Pas-de-Calais
Even before the return of standing concerts and the easing of health restrictions, this January weekend promises to be festive in the region. We will give you a selection of outing ideas.
time to read
A weekend under the sign of reading with this unmissable event that are the Reading Nights everywhere in France. Objective: to attract new readers and restore an essential place to books.
An appointment placed under the theme of love, according to the famous injunction of Victor Hugo: “Always love! Love again!”
- Boulogne-sur-Mer to the Sandettie Media Library – Saturday 22 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. children are invited to put on their favorite pajamas to listen to the audio readings around the dragons, the moon and the night.
- Outreau to Phoenix Center – Friday from 4.30 p.m. to 7 p.m. with an exhibition of bookmarks
- Arques at the Media Library – Saturday 22 from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. for a Magical Reading Night, a Harry Potter Night! The librarians have imagined an evening with a banquet worthy of the great hall of Hogwarts, readings of tales from Beedle the Bard, fantastic manual activities and many other surprises.
And since we are talking about Reading Nights, this book to discover: “366 dates to celebrate women” of Benjamin Valet, an artist who is interested in everything: music, photography, video and writing. This former teacher with adolescents is very sensitive to injustices, and gender equality.
In his book, he compiles 366 female exploits and representative events in the fight for equality between women and men in Europe and around the world. We will find for example, the first woman who drove a bus, the first woman who won the title of best sommelier in France. We find there the most famous icons (Marie Curie, Frida Kahlo, Simone Veil) but also less illustrious women who were the pioneers in their field: Jeanne Chevallier, the first professional woman conductor or Janine Levannier, the first woman who won the black belt in judo.
And we even have a first time in the region with Melody Donchet crowned on November 15, 2020, for the sixth time world champion in freestyle football, a free discipline which, succeeded with a ball, combines acrobatics, juggling and gymnastics. This is a historic record: she is the first person (man and woman combined) to win this title so many times.
Music on the program this weekend as well.
- Métaphone de Oignies: This evening at 8:30 p.m. at the Métaphone in Oignies, meet with “The Green Negresses”. their return Since triumphal in 2018, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of their first album Mlah now become cult with titles like Zobi the fly we Summer is here.
This event is subject to health restrictions. Without presentation of a valid pass, access will not be authorized and no refund will be possible.
- The 4 Locks in Dunkirk We Will Folk You Festival : a festival recalls it which relocates in many cultural places of the city, and this, until February 12th. With an ever more invigorating line-up of artists and bands from the independent folk and pop scene:
The Swedish Peter Von Poehl, accompanied by his guitar to offer us songs like so many snapshots, Polaroids set to music. It applies to the Notre-Dame-des-Dunes chapel. An architectural site over 600 years old, emblematic of Dunkirk culture, where processions for sailors take place every year.
- The Buzz Booster : a competition that detects and accompanies rap artists from all over France each year. There are 2 selections, first at the regional level, then national the regional finalist benefits from support in his work of the show, led by Sector 7 and the FLOW, the national winner wins an envelope of 15,000 euros divided between national tour, studio work, recording, stage residences.
To participate in the contest you must:
- Have an original repertoire of at least 30 minutes
- Be resident in the region
- Not to be signed. on a major
The deadline to send your video: January 31, 2022. Last year the national winner from Lille Eesah Yasuke, the first woman to win the Buzz Booster France support scheme!
time to see
The 7th art invites itself to your home.
- This is the 12th edition of MyFrenchFilmFestival, the first French-language online film festival. A festival that allows you until February 14 to view more than fifteen short films for free on the festival site, for which you can vote.
The program is completed by a selection of short animated films without words intended for young audiences. The goal of this virtual festival is to highlight the young generation of French-speaking filmmakers. The festival trailer is by Marine Blin, shortlisted for the César 2022.