Current theme :
This year, the City of Rouen has joined the Night of Solidarity system, which takes place on the evening of Thursday January 20, 2022.
A Solidarity Night consists of mobilizing volunteers, supervised by professionals from the social sector, to count the number of homeless people on a given night.
The City, thanks to the support of the Department of Solidarity and Social Cohesion, joined the process and joined a working group to share experiences capitalized by cities that have already organized this event in the past.
The main objectives
- Know the number of homeless people in a territory at a given time
- Better know the profiles of the homeless populations and their needs: beyond the count, the operation makes it possible, through a questionnaire, to restore a certain amount of socio-demographic information on the homeless population of a territory, such as eg gender, age. Such information makes it possible to draw up profiles of the homeless population of a territory and to better build public policies in support of this population and to offer them appropriate support and assistance.
- Highlight special needs (young people, aging people, single women, families, etc.) and develop specific responses.
- Promote exchanges between the various players in the sector and share social observation data.
- Make the problems encountered by homeless people visible in order to reach a sensitive public and attract new local volunteer profiles.
A report on this survey will be communicated in the spring. It will allow reflection to build responses adapted to the needs of homeless people.