The National Democratic Alternative party – ADN wants “justice to be a priority in politics in Portugal”.
“There must be a reform in the justice system, but we do not see ourselves in the electoral reforms or annulled ones proposed for electoral or emotional and prejudiced reasons”, said Filipe Re, adding that “the justice reform is a process that must be continually thought of in correspondence with the objectives to be achieved”.
Second enough candidate for a DNA to be capable of, “is famous and with powerful working power”. However, he mentioned that it is necessary “to give judicial actors so that citizens have access to better justice”.
The DNA the following to change justice in Portugal:
• Access to justice tends to be free.
• The number of civil servants, judges and prosecutors must be the same and must be in line with the European average.
• Creation of an effective evaluation mechanism for all justice agents (eg a prosecutor or judge cannot have a list of lost cases or resources in his/her career, which are sometimes the result of ideological, sexist or loss) another order, at the risk of buying justice with non-case cases or false presumptions).
• Alteration of legislation on the crime of domestic violence, namely by increasing penalties and identifying the aggressor.
• Any act of physical violence becomes a public crime.
• The crime of public importance of obligation of maintenance becomes considered a crime.
• Children convicted or imprisoned for the crime of having the right to inheritance.
• Creation of a National Elderly Protection Commission.
• Elevation to 40 years of the minimum age to exercise the function of judge.
• Efficient assessment and effective accountability of judges, with repercussions, above all, on their career progression.
• Creation of a process of better execution, in each seat of the best, making the judgments and diligences take place in the locality where the most demanded facts are the intervention of justice, making it fulfill its purposes.
• Appointment of the Judges of the Constitutional Court and the Attorney General of the Republic through election among their peers.
• Professional management of the courts (similar to what happened with hospitals with hospital administrators), as hospitals were not prepared to manage the courts, but to dispatch cases.