Some have already been wearing it outdoors in recent weeks. Wearing the mask is again compulsory every day from 9 a.m. to 3 a.m. in the city center of Toulouse. He hadn’t been since September 8. Étienne Guyot, prefect of the Occitanie region and Haute-Garonne, has just issued an order. After consultation with the mayor of Toulouse, he decided to extend the obligation to wear a mask in the pink city from this Wednesday, January 5, 2022. A decision taken in the face of the epidemic.
“The latest health data confirms a worrying development in the spread of the Covid-19 virus in the department”, indicates the prefecture of Haute-Garonne in a press release. The fifth wave is raging in the department. As of January 3, 2022, the incidence rate was 1,298.7 positive cases per 100,000 inhabitants over seven days. In Toulouse, this epidemic indicator is even higher. It is 1,383.5 cases. As a reminder, the alert threshold is set at 50 positive cases per 100,000 people and the maximum alert threshold at 200.
Where is the wearing of a mask compulsory again in Toulouse?
In order to limit the strong circulation of the virus in the pink city, the prefect has therefore made it compulsory to wear a mask. on the public highway and in the public spaces of the hypercentre from Toulouse today. “These measures are essential to protect the health of all, while the peak of the fifth wave has not yet been reached and the Omicron variant has become the majority and is spreading very quickly in our department. We must do everything to that 2022 takes place in optimal sanitary conditions Let us continue our efforts, it is absolutely necessary! “, emphasizes Étienne Guyot.
The hypercentre is delimited by the following routes :
- boulevard d’Arcole,
- boulevard de strasbourg,
- boulevard Lazare Carnot,
- Allées Forain François Verdier,
- alleys Jules Guesdes,
- avenue Maurice Hauriou,
- Quai de Tounis, quai de la Daurade,
- Place de la Daurade,
- Lucien Lombard quay,
- quai Saint-Pierre in its section going up to boulevard Armand Duportal, boulevard Armand Duportal, Lascrosses Boulevard from Place Armand Duportal, boulevard d’Arcole.
All these channels are concerned by the obligation wearing a mask.
Other places and situations in which to wear the mask
For information, wearing a mask remains compulsory in Toulouse and throughout the Haute-Garonne department in the following places and situations :
- the festive events and gatherings or claims of more than ten people authorized by way of derogation by article 3-II of the decree of June 1, 2021, as amended,
- the markets, flea markets, empty attics and sales unpacked in the open or covered,
- public transport spaces including platforms and bus, metro and tram stops,
- a radius of 50 meters around schools and nurseries when entering and leaving, places of worship at the beginning and end of ceremonies and services, and shopping centers when these are open to the public,
- wait files,
- when a particular event generates a significant flow or a concentration of people who do not allow to respect the physical distance measures of 2 meters between two people.
The mask must be worn in particular during village festivals, fairs, balls, festivals and outdoor shows.