Lyon Capitale gives you a selection of the film releases and cinematographic events of the week in Lyon.
With the gloomy weather at the start of January, why not go to the movies? Lyon Capitale made a selection of films shown in Lyon the week of January 5 to 11. And you offer some cinema events that take place in the city.
The week’s outings
- 355 by Simon Kinberg, with Pénéloppe Cruz and Jessica Chastain: Spies must prevent a global conflict. A technological weapon capable of taking control of computer networks could fall into the wrong hands. The film takes place in Paris.
- My brothers and me by Yohan Manca: Nour is 14 years old. He lives in a popular district by the sea. While he has to repaint a hallway in his college, he meets Sarah, an opera singer who runs a summer course.
- Waiting for Bojangles by Régis Roinsard: This film is an adaptation of the homonymous novel by French author Olivier Bourdeaut released in 2016. Gary sees his parents, Camille and Georges, dancing all the time to their favorite song Mr. Bojangles by Nina Simone. Over time, Georges and his son see that the mother is going too far …
- Licorice Pizza by Paul Thomas Anderson: The Story of Alana Kane and Gary Valentine, two teenage boys who grow up, get lost and fall in love in the San Fernando Valley, in 1973.
- Twist in Bamako by Robert Guédiguian: Mali tastes its newly acquired independence and the youth of Bama dances whole nights on the twist from France and America. Samba, the son of a wealthy merchant travels the country to explain the virtues of socialism to the peasants. There is an encounter with a young girl named Lara.
Previews and events in Lyon
- Movie preview A young girl who is doing well with the film crew, at Comoedia on January 6 and at Pathé Bellecour on January 6.
- A Stanley Kubrick film shown every day at the Institut Lumière for a retrospective
- A cine-restaurant with screening of the film Leader Monday January 10 at the cinema bistro Comoedia
- A cine-concert The divine cruise at the Lumière Institute on Sunday January 9 with live piano accompaniment by Ralph Arabat