Between Covid-19, exploits and disillusions, the sporting year has been rich in Normandy and beyond with the Norman players present at high level. Did you follow everything correctly? The answer after this questionnaire in 30 parts.
In Normandy and sometimes much further afield, Norman athletes distinguished themselves in 2021. From great performance to history, we test your knowledge on the subject. It’s your turn !
1. How many coaches are seated on the SM Caen bench in 2021?
2. Which Normand crossed the Vendée Globe finish line first?
A) Miranda Merron
B) Charlie Dalin
C) Manuel Cousin
D) Louis Duc
3. Which Norman trainer did his military service with Zinedine Zidane?
A) Fabrice Vandeputte
B) Julien Le Pen
C) Fabrice Courcier
D) Roch Bedos
4. What do La Glacerie and Caen HB have in common?
A) They are undefeated in the second division
B) They haven’t won a single match since June
C) They rode without having competed in their entire championship
D) They changed coaches in 2021
5. Which team deprived Caen BC of a climb to Pro B?
B) Le Havre
Deprived of climbing to Pro B in spring 2021, Caen BC has the same objective this season. © Marc Olejnik
6. In which team has basketball player Sabrine Bouzenna signed?
B) The Ice Cream Shop
7. Who scored the maintenance penalty for SM Caen?
A) Alexandre Mendy
B) Benjamin Jeannot
C) Prince Oniangué
D) Antoine Gonçalves
8. Who was in the space of 15 days champion of France seniors and champion of Europe hopefuls?
A) Marine Johannès (basket)
B) Marina Le Mezec (judo)
C) Flavie Renouard (athletics)
D) Eglantine Rayer (cycling)
9. In which team will Calvadosien Kevin Vanquelin discover the professional peloton in 2022?
D) Brioches la Boulangère
10. What feat can Guillaume Martin achieve in common?
A) He wore the yellow jersey
B) He has sold 1 million copies of his latest book.
C) He had two top 10s on two big laps
D) He obtained his thesis in philosophy
The Hérouvillais Nabil Alla shone during the 2020-2021 season in D1 futsal. © Marc Olejnik
11. Comment Is the new union of Caen and Rouen rugby clubs called?
A) Laughing cows
B) The Valkyries
C) The Norman Ovalie
D) Neither yes nor no
12. Who said goodbye to their historic hall in 2021?
A) JS Cherbourg in Chantereyne
B) Le Caen BC at the Palais des sports
C) Le Caen TTC in Rufa
D) USBD USBD Alençon at the Louvrier gymnasium
13. Who succeeded Johan Gallon on the Granville bench?
A) Cyril Rool
B) Bruno Cheyrou
C) Sylvain Didot
D) Jérôme Leroy
14. Who took the US Avranches out of the Coupe de France de foot?
A) AG Caen
B) ASPTT Caen
C) Bayeux FC
D) AS Cherbourg
15. What distinction did the Hérouvillais Nabil Alla obtain in Division 1 of futsal?
A) Best player
B) Top scorer
B) Top passer
D) More beautiful but of the season
What is one of the peculiarities in the HC Caen locker room this season? © Guillaume-Marie
16. Against which nation did Nicolas Batum make a decisive counter in the semi-finals of the Olympics?
17. Which inhabitant of Calvados is the record holder for participation in the Paris-Dakar and will complete his fortieth in January?
A) Pierre Salzmann
B) Eric Brunson
C) Hervé Morin
D) Étienne Smulevici
18. What is the particularity of the workforce of the Drakkars of Caen?
A) The top scorer is Egyptian
B) A woman is part of the workforce
C) Luc Chauvel is both a coach and a player
D) There are 18 different nationalities.
19. Which singer was parodied by the supporters of SM Caen?
A) Gérard Lenormand
C) Michel Berger
D) Grand Corps Sick
20. Retired from the rings at the end of 2020, what conversion has the former boxer Maxime Beaussire started?
A) Mental trainer.
The construction site of the future Palais des sports de Caen. © Guillaume-Marie
21. Who opened a figure skating school in Caen?
A) Bruno Massot
B) Jonathan Janil
C) Philippe Candeloro
D) Surya Bonaly
22. What will the future Palais des sports de Caen be called?
A) The name is not known
B) The Grand Palais
C) The Royal Palace
D) The Halle Nicolas Batum
23. Which woman set a time of 2 hours 24 for her very first marathon in Paris?
A) Aurélie Kanga
B) Flavie Renouard
C) Danish Maeva
D) Aurore Guérin
24. Which referee caused Olivier Pickeu’s black anger during the SM Caen – Dijon football match?
A) Pierluigi Collina
B) Gaël Angoula
C) Tony Chapron
D) Mikaël Lesage
25. What is the particularity of the municipality of Carpiquet?
A) His football club reached the eighth round of the Coupe de France
B) Son of the pétanque club is French champion
C) His basketball club has disappeared this season
D) His volleyball club has been undefeated since April 28, 2019
26. Which Normande swims regularly in icy water?
A) Marion Jofflé
C) Marlene Gaignon
D) Shanavia Dowdell
27. In which discipline does Calvadosian Alex Lanier show great hope?
B) Table tennis
28. Which French fencer started his season in Lisieux before winning the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Tokyo?
A) Nathan Fougy
B) Yannick Borel
C) Romain Cannone
D) Jean-François Lamour
29. Which of these major events could not be disputed in 2021 due to the Covid crisis?
A) The Caen Open
B) The Cherbourg Challenger
C) The Currents of Freedom
D) The Polynormand
30. In which Norman town did Teddy Riner refine his preparation for the Olympics?
Teddy Riner was present in Normandy before the Olympics. But in which city? © Gérard Piwtorak
Answers : 1. C, 2. B, 3. A, 4. C, 5. A, 6. A, 7. B, 8. C, 9. B, 10. C, 11. B, 12. C, 13 C, 14. B, 15. B, 16. B, 17. D, 18. B, 19. B, 20. D, 21. A, 22. A, 23. C, 24. B, 25. D, 26. A, 27. A, 28. C, 29. C, 30. C.