Through Thibaut Calatayud
The quality is not optimal. Since Wednesday, December 15, 2021, Toulouse and all of the Upper Garonne single font air pollution phenomenon. And the conditions should not help matters this Friday, December 17.
Pollutants could be dispersed by the wind
Indeed, the prefecture of Haute-Garonne announces that exceeding the alert threshold for an atmospheric pollution phenomenon ”will continue throughout this Friday.
State services the phenomenon:
“This winter episode is linked to the accumulation of suspended particles emitted mainly by heating systems, road traffic and industries, and favored by stable weather conditions (absence of wind and rain). expected from Friday evening could be able to disperse pollutants “.
The prefecture announces “emergency measures”
Faced with this situation, the Prefect announces the implementation of “emergency measures intended to limit the emission of pollutants” from Friday, December 17, 2021. The voices:
- Lowering of the maximum authorized speeds;
- Prohibition of agricultural burning;
- Industrial polluting operations report.
The right reflexes to adopt
In order to limit air pollution, the State services in Haute-Garonne remind us of the good habits to adopt on a daily basis:
- Reduce the speeds of all vehicles;
- Use public transportation,
- Favor non-polluting modes of transport (walking, cycling, etc.);
- Avoid lighting ornamental fires;
- Reduce the use of generators;
- Postpone maintenance or cleaning work with non-electric tools (mower, hedge trimmer, etc.) or using solvents, paints, varnishes, etc.;
- Observe the ban on burning green waste.
The prefecture advises to avoid intense sport
Faced with this episode of pollution, the prefecture also gave the health recommendations to follow. In particular, it is advisable to reduce intense physical and sports activities (including competitions).
For vulnerable and sensitive populations:
- Avoid travel on and around major highways during peak periods.
- Avoid intense physical and sports activities (including competitions), both outdoors and indoors. Postpone the activities that require the most effort.
In the event of respiratory or heart discomfort (shortness of breath, wheezing, palpitations):
- Take advice from your pharmacist or consult your doctor or consult the Air santé service (05 61 77 94 44).
- Choose shorter outings and those that require the least effort.
- Ask your doctor for advice on whether your medical treatment should be adapted if necessary.
Apart from Haute-Garonne, three other departments of Occitanie are also suffering from this episode of pollution: Hautes-Pyrénées, Tarn-et-Garonne and Aveyron.
Has this article been useful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Toulouse in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.