MALTA, NY (NEWS10) – The GlobalFoundries-Town of Malta Foundation donated a total of $ 159,767 to 24 local organizations. The Malta 2021 grants were unveiled on Tuesday at the David R. Meager Malta Community Center at the annual awards ceremony.
In 2021, the Foundation Board said the grants focus on recognizing first-aid organizations that have served the community, especially to address the needs of citizens during the pandemic. COVID-19.
Funded projects and programs:
- Ballston Spa High School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA): $ 4,000
- Ballston Spa Middle School Drama Club – Launch Pad Productions: $ 2,500
- Chango Elementary – Physical Education Program (K-5): $ 8,485
- Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region – Ballston Spa Innovation Partnership in Ed. Fund: $ 10,000
- Gordon Creek PTA: $ 2,500
- Malta Ambulance Corps, Inc. (Malta-Stillwater EMS): $ 15,000
- Malta Community Garden: $ 1,600
- Malta Ridge Volunteer Fire Company: $ 20,000
- Malta Senior Citizens, Inc .: $ 5,000
- Malta City Historic Site: $ 1,600
- Malta Youth Commission: $ 4,000
- Rebuilding Saratoga County Together: $ 10,000
- Roundabout Runners Club: $ 6,000
- Round Lake / Malta Youth Baseball, Inc .: $ 1,336
- Round Lake Fire Department: $ 20,000
- Rugrunners Robotics, Inc .: $ 10,000
- Saratoga Bridges: $ 10,750
- Shenendehowa MS: $ 2,500
- St. Peter’s Lutheran Church: $ 5,000
- Saratoga Children’s Museum: $ 1,500
- Malta City Parks, Recreation and Human Services: $ 3,600
- Malta City Spotlighter Theater Troupe: $ 2,396
- Malta City Veterans Committee: $ 2,000
- Wellspring: $ 10,000
Last year, the Foundation donated $ 142,964 to 31 local organizations. The Foundation has donated more than $ 1.56 million to community organizations since 2011.
Information on the 2022 grant application process will be available on the Foundation’s website in August 2022.