The Monaco Gaming Show returns on December 18 and 19 for a 2021 online edition with a tournament on Fortnite as well as on Rocket League, and a total cash prize of € 40,000.
The Monaco Gaming Show returns
The Monaco Gaming Show is an event created and developed by the Monaco Esport organization, a member of the Monaco eSport Federation, which brings together all the players in the sector in Monaco. They joined forces with Nicecactus, a company specializing in the production of esport competitions to develop an international event that meets the expectations of players and the ambitions of Monaco in the field of gaming and esport.
The Monaco Esports Federation (MeSF), Monaco eSports and Nicecactus are teaming up again to offer a grandiose event, 100% online, to players around the world. The Monaco Gaming Show returns on December 18 and 19 to allow players to compete on Fortnite as well as on Rocket League, each tournament offering a cash prize of € 20,000.
Anchored in Monegasque culture, sport occupies an important place in the landscape of the Principality. Esport and social gaming now have their annual event through the Monaco Gaming Show. Nicecactus is proud to organize for the second year this prestigious and international event with our partner Monaco Esports Federation and under the high patronage of the Principality.
Mike M. Hessabi, President of Nicecactus.gg
Through this event, we announced that Monaco is giving itself the means to be a champion in the world of esport. The Monaco Gaming Show will allow us to confirm that we are open-minded and that the principality wants to be a pioneer in this field where other, bigger countries have not yet launched! This shows that we are in the right timing to get involved.
Louis Ducruet, president of the Monaco eSport Federation and member of the princely family
The Monaco Gaming Show program
The Monaco Gaming Show has already held qualifying for its Rocket League competition. You can find all the information below:
- Rocket league – Cashprize: € 20,000
- Qualified teams:
- Team liquid
- For PleasureSmileyFace
- Queso team
- The invited teams:
- End point
- Final – Sunday December 19 – 3 p.m.
- Qualified teams:
- Fortnite – Cashprize: € 20,000
- Registrations for the Fortnite qualifiers will open on Monday, December 13 and will be accessible here
- Qualifications – Thursday December 16 – 8 p.m.
- Playoff – Friday December 17 – 8 p.m.
- Final – Saturday December 18
- Qualifications : More than 1000 players will compete during 5 games to accumulate points. The top 200 players qualify for the Playoffs.
- Playoffs : The 200 best players in qualifying compete against each other over 5 evenings. The best 91 players win their ticket to the final.
- Offline final : The 91 best players from the qualifications as well as the 8 best players of the Warm-Up edition of the Monaco Gaming Show 2020 will play 5 games to determine the overall winner of this First Edition.
The competition finals will be followed and commented in French and English by a selection of recognized esport casters such as PiraStack, Xewer, Skyyart and Pialni for Fortnite or Rocket Baguette, Boyan and The Rocket for Rocket League.