– There is no doubt that it is a group that is going on a medal race, and then we try to get the most generous, says Nora Mørk to TV 2.
Friday night starts the handball World Cup for the Norwegian handball girls when a big win against Kazakhstan is expected. Then Iran and Romania await.
TV 2’s handball expert Bent Svele highlights Norway as the biggest favorite to take gold in the World Cup tip in TV 2 podcast «Kommentatorbua».
– Norway is by far the biggest favorite, Svele believes.
In the World Cup tip, he tracks that Norway beats Russia in the quarterfinals before Germany passes in the semifinals. In the final, Svele believes that France will appear and fight.
– Impossible to get around
When TV 2 asked the Norwegian handball girls to pick out the three biggest favorites to win World Cup gold on Sunday 19 December, the Olympic winners for France were mentioned first.
– I think we should be there. Then you have France, Russia and Denmark, says Katrine Lunde.
– France and us. I think Sweden, Denmark and Russia also have opportunities, says Nora Mørk.
– It is impossible to get around France. We are also top three. I’m unsure of the latter. Russia has a young, new layer. The Netherlands won last, lord Spain plays at home. Then it is difficult to say where, for example, Brazil is, says national team captain Stine Bredal Oftedal.
– Apart from us, it is Denmark and France. I also think Russia has got a good layer, says Henny Ella Reistad.
I knew Thorir-style national team manager Hergeirsson talked about all the steps that must be climbed to be able to get to the very top and be left with World Cup gold.
– We think along the same lines as before. We have discussed goals and consequences, and as always it is easier to say what you want to achieve, but it is a greater challenge to do what is required, Hergeirsson begins Thursday’s press conference in Castelló.
Thorir shows off shirt with message
Under the sweater he wore a sweater with a picture of a staircase.
– It’s about taking a little step every time. One match at a time and one step at a time, Hergeirsson said.
Nora Mørk is looking forward to kicking off the first steps.
– I think it’s good for everyone to get started again and show that we mean business. We take nothing for granted. We will be wearing work gloves throughout December, she says.