It was in the settlement between Denmark and Tunisia that the tragedy occurred.
Denmark – Tunisia 34-16
CASTELLÓN (Nettavisen): The Danes won comfortably in their World Cup opening, but it is the event in the second round that will be remembered from the match.
Denmark was in the attack of Mia Rej went to the hill and cried in desperate pain.
The Danish player collided with teammate Mette Tranborg and was left to stick to his knee.
The pictures showed desperate teammates embracing each other when Rej received medical help, and was eventually carried off the field.
– No no no. The howls there are the worst we know. It also gets so violent in a quiet hall, absolutely awful, it came from Viaplay’s comment Peder Seierstad as Rej walked down the hill and screamed in pain.
See the dramatic picture:
Also read: The Danes with a clear message about Norway. Now Hergeirsson comes back with a stab
– Does not look good
Mette Tranborg went up to shoot, but was pushed over and was unlucky when she landed on teammate Rej. The photos showed that the knee of the latter was pushed out in an unnatural position.
– It really does not look good. Here, the entire tournament can move for the Danish player. She has also smoked the cruciate ligament in her knee before, says Viaplay expert Gunnar Pettersen to the pictures of desperate teammates wiping tears while Rej receives treatment.
The Danish girls hugged each other on the bench when Rej got help.
– She has been in such good shape before this championship, and is a very important player for this Danish team. Although she is not one of the greatest, she has a fierce range of shots. This is incredibly sad, says Seierstad.
The Danish playmaker lay for many minutes, but was eventually lifted off the field on a stretcher.
– This is a battle you just have to win, and avoid the worst injuries. I myself have had serious knee injuries, and know how horrible it is. It is an angle on the knee you absolutely do not want, says the former national team player Karoline Dyhre Breivang in Viaplay studio after the match.
And supplements his colleague Ole Erevik:
– She has had very good years after the previous serious injury she had, and has been a central piece in the Danish team. The players immediately see that this is more than a normal twist in the knee, without us having to say too much about.
Denmark’s national team manager spoke to Danish TV 2 after the match.
– It did not look good. These were not nice pictures. The other players arrive relatively quickly. And it hurts to look at teammates, says Jesper Jensen.
The Danes won the match 34-16, but will probably lose one of their most important players after the horror injury on Thursday.
– One of the favorites
The online newspaper is in place in Spain and will follow Norway’s championship. On Thursday, the stage was set for a press conference, where Thorir Hergeirsson pointed out Danish as one of the favorites to take the gold.
– Denmark is definitely one of the championship’s big favorites. They have a solid squad, and can go far, the national team manager told Nettavisen.
Also read: Ibrahimovic comes up with shocking revelation: Wanted to become sports director at PSG
TV 2 expert Bent Svele was also aware that the Danes had to be included in the battle for precious metal.
– It is not far from a highway for Danes to a final, so they have all the prerequisites to reach far. The Danes have good goalkeepers and have several brilliant individual players, so it’s time for them to start showing something too, but in principle Norway and France must be the strongest, he told Nettavisen.
Norway plays its first match in the World Cup on Friday, and meets Kazakhstan in the Spanish city of Castellón.