It was announced, it is now done.
This Tuesday afternoon, Myriam Fogel-Jedidi filed an appeal against the partial closure to cars of the Saint-Sébastien climb in the 1st arrondissement of Lyon. The former councilor, now an LR candidate for the 2022 legislative elections, has chosen an interim suspension against the decision of the president of the Metropolis of Lyon, Bruno Bernard, considering that it constitutes “a manifestly illegal interference with freedom of movement, the right of access of residents to their property and freedom of trade and industry”.
Myriam Fogel-Jedidi also reported 36 residents joining her approach, and said she had already received more than 400 testimonies and signatures to her petition.
The elected ecologists had decided to prioritize pedestrians and cyclists by prohibiting the climb to cars at its origin in the 1st arrondissement. It must be said that the sidewalks are indeed not very wide and do not allow two people to pass each other, while the traffic lanes also prevented a car and a bicycle from cohabiting on the same axis. The mayor of the 1st, Yasmine Bouagga, we explained last week that the Metropolis “eliminates the transit traffic, it is not that of service of the Croix-Rousse. The inhabitants of Croix-Rousse belong to that they use the car very little on a daily basis because it is not practical. of the 1st arrondissement does not have a car “.