Due to the number of corona infections and the pressure on healthcare, the cabinet has tightened up the corona measures. They apply from 5 a.m. Sunday 28 November to Saturday 18 December, unless earlier intervention is necessary.
Corona measures from 28 November 5 a.m.
Closed at 5 p.m.:
- Cafes and restaurants.
- Not essential like hairdressers.
- Theatres, concert halls, museums and other cultural institutions.
- Halls and associations/clubs for amateur sports.
- Amusement parks and Christmas markets.
Closed at 8 p.m.:
- Schools. Pupils in primary school and teachers must wear a mouth cap when they move from group (for example in the hallways).
- Municipal offices.
What is allowed:
- Running outside and outdoor boot camps, 1,5 meters away is also kept.
- Eating without a time limit.
Furthermore, the following apply:
- You may receive a maximum of 4 people at home – with the exception of children under 13 – also with Sinterklaas and Chanouka.
- 1,5 meters away is one, even where a corona check is mandatory.
*Therefore, restaurants, theaters and cinemas can only use a third of their maximum capacity until 5pm.
- A face mask is mandatory in public buildings and everywhere you move within buildings.
- In shops 1 person per 5 m² may be inside.
Government urgent matters:
- Visit someone/people no more than once a day and do a self-test before the visit.
- For people over 70: limit contact with (grand) children (up to 12 years old) and keep at least 1,5 m away.
- Work from home if possible.
- In any case, stay at home as much as possible and use public transport as little as possible.
- For children from group 6: do a self-test twice a week.
According to the OMT, the number of correspondence must be reduced by 25 percent to calm the aggressive delta wave. The measures taken by the cabinet on 14 November have had too little effect. That is why consistently tightened rules from Sunday 28 November.
You will find more information about the website of the national government.