Published: November 22, 2021 9:10 am
The city of Salzburg closes most leisure facilities such as indoor swimming pools and libraries during the lockdown. Childcare centers and the registry office can be reached with restrictions.
“As an indispensable municipal service provider, the City of Salzburg maintains its services as much as possible even during the lockdown,” emphasized Mayor Harald Preuner (ÖVP) and Magistrate Director Max Tischler in a broadcast. City administration customers are asked to bring their concerns by phone or electronically, if possible, and to make appointments in advance. The FFP2 mask is generally required in the official buildings.
Leisure facilities closed
The ice arena including Eiszauber, the Paracelsusbad (not the Kurhaus), the sports halls North and Alpenstraße, the AYA indoor pool and the city library (as a further contact tracing location) and the city galleries including the city archive will remain closed in the state capital. If the federal regulation on the lockdown allows this, the ice magic could be reopened in a few days, the city reports in a broadcast.
Services in the city of Salzburg
- General and district administration: The service operation with party traffic is ongoing. Customer contacts should mainly be electronic. It is currently not intended to suspend parking space management. Weddings could continue to take place (to a very limited extent).
- Culture, education and knowledge: Kindergartens, groups of toddlers and after-school care centers remain in greatly reduced groups only open to those who (for professional reasons) cannot serve their children. City archive, city library and city galleries remain closed.
- Social: The social welfare office can still be reached. In principle, this also applies to child and youth welfare. The Info-Center-Social maintains its opening times as usual. The housing service conducts customer contacts largely electronically. Appointments in the office are possible here on Tuesdays by appointment. There are currently (as of November 21) no new regulations for visiting the senior citizens’ homes. Even now, access is only possible with 2-G.
- Finances: The core functionalities such as budget preparation, invoice reviews and payment transactions will continue to run in the usual way. Cash benefits for social welfare recipients and the services of the Stadtkassa will also remain.
- Spatial planning and building authority: The activities continue. Construction negotiations are made in writing whenever possible. Oral negotiations with more than 50 people will no longer take place.
- Construction management: This office will also remain open during the lockdown. Ongoing construction sites are to be continued. The winter service is ready for use.
- Garbage collection and recycling center: The garbage disposal WILL continue to work, the recycling yard will also remain open. However, new private inquiries about picking up bulky waste cannot currently be accepted due to capacity reasons. Ice skating, sports halls and AYA indoor swimming pool are closed.
Your letters to the editor on SALZBURG24
Accessed on November 22nd, 2021 at 9:11 am on https://www.salzburg24.at/news/salzburg/stadt/lockdown-diese-services-sind-in-salzburg-stadt-erreichbar-112873141