Toulouse: the Projection Transition festival combines cinema and ecological debate from November 19 to 21
Supported by The Shift Project association, the Projection Transition festival is taking place in Toulouse (and in Nantes and Paris) from November 19 to 21. This second edition confirms the association’s desire to offer an event combining great cinema films and ecological debate.
The Shift Project is a think tank that works in favor of an economy free from carbon constraints. To imagine this new world, the association wants to attract a general public to think about new ways of living while preserving our resources. An ambition that is reflected in the creation of the Projection Transition festival.
The second edition of the event invites the public to discover, or rediscover, popular films of the 7th art then to question them in a debate animated and supported by speakers such as experts, writers, philosophers, sociologists, psychologists, journalists. , actors, directors, citizens or politicians.
The program in Toulouse:
Friday November 19
- 2 p.m .: screening of The odyssey, by Jérôme Salle at 2 p.m. Debate on the theme “Storm warning on the oceans: what to do to avoid a shipwreck? “.
- 8 p.m .: screening of Dark Waters, by Todd Haynes. Debate on the theme “The law, a way out or an impasse to empower companies? “.
Saturday 20 November
- 3.15 p.m .: screening of Princess Mononoke, by Hayao Miyazaki. Debate on the theme: “Man and nature: how to rethink our relationship with living things? “.
- 8 p.m .: screening of V for Vendetta, by James McTeigue. Debate on the theme: “Faced with political inaction, the necessary radicalism of environmental struggles?” “.
Sunday November 21
- 11 a.m .: screening of The fighters, by Thomas Cailley. Debate on the theme: “Faced with the anxiety of the next day, what commitment for young people?” “.
- 8 p.m .: screening of The collapse, from the Les Parasites collective. Debate on the theme: “The world is changing but nothing changes! Are the media blind or dumb? “
More information : projectiontransition.fr