Sinterklaas is also coming to the Antwerp neighborhoods (Antwerp)
Sinterklaas is almost in the country again. Coming Saturday November 13, he will arrive in the center of Antwerp by steamboat. But he will not enter the quays alone. He will also be visiting some city districts this year, which is something to look forward to. Here we give an overview of his visits.
Saar Van Olmen
ALSO READ: Sinterklaas will arrive in Antwerp on November 13
on Sunday 21 November Sinterklaas lands at Deurne airport at 1.30 pm. Afterwards he goes via the Diksmuidelaan, the Statiestraat and the Driekoningenstraat to the Frans Van Hombeeckplein, together with Pieten, waders, clowns and musicians. This year too, children can have a chat with Sinterklaas on the Frans Van Hombeeckplein. There is a gift for every kind. Music and dance groups provide extra atmosphere.
- Sunday 21 November
- 12 noon: doors of the airport open
- 12.30 pm: start animation
- 1.30 pm: arrival of St
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: procession
- 4 pm: meeting at Frans Van Hombeeckplein
- For free
Children can play in the Berendrecht-Zandvliet-Lillo district Saturday 27 November going to see a Sinterklaas performance in the early afternoon. The target audience is the little ones from 3 to 7 years old, and it lasts about 45 minutes. In the concert hall of the leisure center the Pietengang provides a lot of fun: they sing songs and play games with magic tricks that they could find in Sinterklaas’ toy cupboard. In anticipation of the arrival of Sinterklaas they make a huge mess of it. Curious if it will all work out… After the presentation of the children Sinterklaas in the foyer and they get a bag of sweets to take home.
This year Sinterklaas is also coming to Ekeren, on November 27. At 2 pm he greets all the children on Kristus-Koningplein. Afterwards they go with him to Castle Veltwijck and they can hand in their coloring page. In return, they get a gift bag and Mom can take a photo of Dad.
- Saturday November 27
- Kristus-Koningplein and Veltwijck Castle
- Registration required, at the latest on 15/11 by e-mail to [email protected]
- The coloring pages can be picked up at the local dealers. A list can be found at www.ekeren.be.
on Saturday December 4 The whole family can receive Sint and his Pieten at the ferry where he arrives by boat. Then the procession with horse and carriage leaves for the Gravenhof. At the same time, a Sinterklaas festival starts in the Gravenhof park with food trucks, craft workshops, a balloon balloon, a glitter tattoo artist and so much more. When Sinterklaas arrives, a show starts with songs, dances, games and a magic performance by Jens and his gang of Pieten. Afterwards, the children can pick up a present at the Gravenhof parking lot.
- Saturday, December 4 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m
- Ferry, end Leo Bosschartlaan / Gravenhof, Louisalei 7
- For free
- www.gravenhof.org, click here for the direct link
The Merksem district supports the local Gezinsbond in organizing the arrival of Sinterklaas: Sinterklaas and Piet are traveling throughout Merksem and want to meet the children during a personal visit at the front door. Sinterklaas will of course experience something for all brave children.
- Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 November
- Sidewalk visits in Merksem and close surroundings
- 12 euros per type | 3 euro opportunity rate
- Four presents, chocolate and candy for every kind
- Register before November 15th [email protected] or 0472 46 53 69. When registering, parents are asked to provide some positive personal information about their species(s).
on Sunday Nov 28 Sint and Piet take up residence in the Wilrijk community center on the Bist. Wilrijk children and their parents can go to the wedding hall for a meet & greet with the big children’s friends. Before and after the meeting, the district some entertainment such as a hot air balloon tattoo studio and a reading corner.
- Sunday 28 November from 10 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm
- Community Center, Bist 1
- For free
- www.wilrijk.be, click here for the direct link
The Sinterklaas madness also strikes the De Kern cultural center on the same day. There, Jan De Smet (De Nieuwe Snaar) will perform a number of traditional Sinterklaas songs with a fresh musical twist. The concert The Saint also puts his finger in the air starts at 14.30 pm, tickets are available in presale for 6 euros at cc De Kern on www.ccdekern.be.