Through Quentin Marais
updated on 8 Nov 21 at 16:17
The Toulouse firefighters were called shortly after 1 p.m. this Monday, November 8, 2021, for a suspicion of the start of a fire at the Gaumont cinema, located on Place Wilson, in the heart of the Pink City. Significant relief resources were deployed on the spot.
The air conditioner in the main room
The security service of the cinema contacted the fire department after lunch time, “to tell us that there was smoke in a main room cinema, with a suspicion of the start of a fire in the attic ”, specify the emergency services Toulouse news.
More than 40 firefighters take charge of the establishment. Once there, they find that it is “an air conditioner which malfunctioned and which started to be in short circuit. In the meantime, the cinema security service has evacuated the room ”.
The firefighters were able to cut the electricity and make reconnaissance in the attic. “A priori, it happened in the Dolby room, which has been made operational since it was smoky and the air conditioner was still malfunctioning, ”concludes the emergency services. No injuries is not to be deplored.
Has this article been useful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Toulouse in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.