If it is not the Danish Epidemic Committee that votes against, the coronavirus will again be considered a socially critical disease in Denmark, on the recommendation of the Danish Epidemic Commission. It writes Danish TV 2.
If the coronavirus gets status as socially critical, it will be possible to impose restrictions in the country. Among other things, the Danish government wants to reintroduce the corona passport.
Danish Prime Minister Mette Fredriksen will hold a press conference on Monday at 8 pm, where she will inform about potential new corona measures.
– We see a high degree of immunity in the population. But let me less get smaller even if the finished vaccine, they get sick. On the other hand, we face new challenges. We expect the infection to increase in the coming months, the Prime Minister begins.
Ask for effort effort
She says the Danish health authority, Sundhetsmyndighetene, had expected an increase in infection, but that the increase has been faster than expected.
– The hospitalizations and deaths we see now are the result of the infection that lies behind us. There is also a shortage of health personnel, says Fredriksen.
She asks Danes to show patience and to make an extra effort.
– The infection must go down, and it requires more people to be vaccinated. Approximately 400,000 Danes have received a third stab, and it is impressively high support.
The Prime Minister adds that those who are not vaccinated also find it more difficult, since they cannot present coronary passports – which become valid in order to participate in society on an equal footing with vaccinated people.
She has a clear call for them not to be vaccinated:
– Take the vaccine. Do it for their own sake, for the sake of the children, for the sake of the grandparents.
Here, Denmark will introduce a corona passport
Danske TV 2 experiences that the government will introduce corona passports, regardless of the number of people, in indoor restaurants, nightclubs and nightclubs, for visitors at housing, hospitals and prisons.
For concerts, cinemas, paid spectators at sporting events, museums and swimming pools, 200 people outdoors and 2000 indoors, respectively, one must also present a valid corona passport.
The reason why the government again wants to introduce coronary measures is that the infection rates and the number of hospital admissions are rising. On Sunday, Denmark had registered 2416 new cases of infection and 282 hospitalized.
In a post on Facebook on Sunday, Prime Minister Mette Fredriksen shared a call to the Danish people:
– A strong call if you have not been vaccinated: book an appointment now. We see that the infection, among other things, spreads from those who have not been vaccinated, to those who have been vaccinated – also the elderly and people at risk.