Toulouse. Year after year, this is how the work on the 3rd metro line will unfold
Through Gabriel Kenedi
It is a huge building site that is coming. The 3rd metro line, which is to link Colomiers to Labège, should come into service at the end of 2028 (three years after the initial schedule established).
A project worth 2.62 billion euros
This long line of 27 kilometers will behave 21 stations (with 17 underground stations, the depth of which varies from 20 to 35 meters) and will serve in particular the major centers of the Airbus group. In November 2020, Tisséo has announced that it has chosen Alstom (at the expense of Siemens) to build and maintain the 3rd metro line. A market of 713 million euros.
The overall amount of the transaction 3rd metro line is valued at 2.62 billion euros, after Tisséo. An envelope that also includes the 4 relay parks planned for the multimodal transport hubs of Colomiers-Gare, Sept-Deniers, La Vache and Labège-La Cadène.
In parallel, a project of “Line B connection”, the cost of which is estimated at 182.5 million euros and which will link Ramonville to the National Polytechnic Institute, is also on track, as is the creation of a line “Airport Express” (valued at 27 million euros), which serves Toulouse-Blagnac airport.
Tisséo expects that 200,000 travelers will take the third metro line every day.
As a reminder, here are the stations that will be created as part of this 3rd metro line :
- Airbus Colomiers-Ramassiers
- Airbus Saint-Martin
- Jean Maga
- Sept-Deniers Stade Toulousain
- Boulevard de Suisse Jumeaux Bridge
- The Cow North Toulousain
- Toulouse Lautrec
- Marengo Matabiau
- Francois Verdier
- Jean Rieux
- Limayrac – City of Space
- Montaudran – Track of the Giants
- Montaudran Innovation Campus – Airbus Defense & Space
- National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse
- Labège Enova
- Labège La Cadene
And the route of the line:
Preparatory work for the third line site began several months ago and concerns various districts of the Pink City: this preparatory work is currently taking place in the François Verdier and l’Ormeau sector.
This preparatory work is being carried out as part of the pre-project studies for the future metro line. They should make it possible to better understand the nature of the soil where the tunnel boring machines will be activated. On the other hand, the construction of the future third line requires moving certain networks located underground.
“Today, in all the streets of Toulouse, we have multiple concessionaires (water, gas, electricity, etc.) What we are doing is the preliminary work of the concessionaires. We organize the network differently so that it is not in competition with the metro site ”, indicated last June. Jean-Michel Lattes, the president of Tisséo.
Start of construction at the end of 2022
According to the detailed calendar unveiled a few months ago by Tisséo, environmental public inquiry to be launched this fall. At the end of 2021, the launch of the first works calls for tenders will follow.
As for the site, it should gain momentum at the end of 2022, with the start of civil engineering works: construction of the tunnel and viaduct, underground and overhead stations and ancillary emergency access structures. In parallel should be unveiled on “Oar design” .
The earthmoving of the stations is planned for 2023 and at the end of 2023, the arrival of the first tunnel boring machine. Five in total will be mobilized for the site. “In 2023, we should have up to 40 projects carried out at the same time,” Jean-Michel Lattes recalled a few weeks ago. The “heavy” part of the work will be completed in 2026, which will then be the start of the exterior fittings. »Exchange hubs and park-and-ride facilities will then be built.
According to this schedule, the commissioning of the third line will take place at the end of 2028.
The detailed calendar year after year
Here is the detailed schedule announced by Tisséo in June 2021:
- Fall 2021 : launch of the environmental public inquiry
An Environmental Authorization (EA) is required for:
– Carry out certain works to free up the rights-of-way and to start the structural work
– Build structures in flood zones of the Garonne and Hers-Mort
– Derogate from the ban on destruction of habitats and protected species, with measures
compensatory measures to be put in place
– Carry out work on a classified site due to the 2 franchises of the Canal du Midi
- End of 2021: launch of the first calls for tenders
- In 2022 : release of future construction companies and finalization of network deviations
- From the end of 2022 : start of civil engineering works (construction of the tunnel, viaduct, underground and overhead stations, and ancillary emergency access structures) and unveiling of the design of the trains
- In 2023 : earthworks of stations
- Spoiler 2023 : arrival of the first tunnel boring machine (a total of 5 tunnel boring machines by 2026)
- Early 2024 : start of systems work
- Early 2026 : end of civil engineering works and release of construction companies
- In 2026 : start of construction of exchange hubs and park-and-ride facilities under construction
- Early 2028 : start of system tests
- Fin 2028 : commissioning of the 3rd metro line
Has this article been useful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Toulouse in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.