INNSBRUCK. From ten o’clock on Wednesday, the municipal councilors will meet for two special sessions. In addition to closing the accounts, the redesign of Bozner Platz is once again on the agenda. Only one topic may be dealt with at a special session. The next regular council is on November 17th. on the program.
The 2020 accounts will kick off the special sessions.
a) Report from the Control Department
b) Resolution of the opening balance as of 01.01.2020 (Art. II on IStR)
c) Resolution on the 2020 accounts
I. Profitability Analysis
ii. Finance bill
iii. Asset accounting
d) Discharge of the mayor
The second special session will then take place. Once again it is about the redesign of Bozner Platz. Behind the agenda item “Redesign of Bozner Platz, open, one-stage realization competition, competition result and planning assignment [gemäß § 29 (7) des Stadtrechtes der Landeshauptstadt Innsbruck (IStR) 1975]”There has been a month-long political discussion. Mayor Georg Willi is promoting the decision:” This Wednesday, October 28th, 2021, the local council can clear the way for the inner-city square with 30 new trees. For an immediate start of construction, a resolution of the municipal council is now urgently required! In order for us to be able to access the federal funds, which would bear half the costs, a resolution is immediately necessary. A cost cap is set at EUR 5 million (gross incl. 10% reserve) and the request for an accompanying control by the advisory board for major projects is also met. ”
The BezirksBlätter Innsbruck articles on the redesign of Bozner Platz to read
Specifically, the municipal council is discussing an amendment to the city senate proposal
“Redesign of Bozner Platz”.
The proposed resolution for the city senate reads on
“1. The city senate takes note of the result of the competition for the “Redesign of Bozner Platz” in the form of a meeting zone.
2. The City Senate awards the planning services for outdoor facilities in accordance with the recommendation of the jury and after conducting a negotiation process with the first placed participant (winner) to the office EGKK Landschaftsarchitektur from Vienna with an award amount of € 236,575.96, – plus statutory 20% VAT
3. The city senate instructs the municipal department III, civil engineering office to obtain
Offers for road planning services. “
is changed as follows:
1. The municipal council subsequently agrees to the framework conditions for the competition for the “Redesign of Bozner Platz” in the form of a meeting zone and determines that the Municipal Department III, Civil Engineering Office, in accordance with the resolution of the City Senate of July 17, 2019 and the decision of principle of the City Council of July 12, 2012 was entitled to independently announce the competition.
2. The municipal council awards the planning services for outdoor facilities in accordance with the recommendation of the jury and after conducting a negotiation
procedure with the first placed participant (winner) to the office EGKK Landschaftsarchitektur from Vienna with an award amount of € 236,575.96 plus statutory 20% VAT
3. The municipal council instructs the municipal department III, civil engineering office, with the
Obtaining offers for road planning services. “
Reason for point 1:
As in the information on October 20, 2021 in the plenary hall before the event
As explained to members of the municipal council, according to the basic resolution of the municipal council of July 12, 2012, the city magistrate is authorized to independently carry out public tenders for the city of Innsbruck in accordance with the provisions of public procurement law, including implementation competitions. Thus, the announcement of a realization competition for the redesign of Bozner Platz would not have required a resolution by the city senate.
However, the city senate decided on July 17th, 2019 in the course of the resolution on the street space designs 2019 to 2024, priorities, with regard to the redesign of Bozner Platz, among other things:
“The Municipal Department III, in the lead of the civil engineering office, is commissioned with the preparations for the redesign of Bozner Platz with the following premises:
* Announcement of an open implementation competition in autumn 2019
* The framework conditions for the competition are to be drawn up in the sense of calming traffic and strengthening the quality of stay, as well as criteria developed by the “Innsbruck Innenstadt” association.
* The general conditions for the competition are to be assessed in a public information and discussion event and then submitted to the city senate for competition.
* The construction work for the redesign should take place in the favorable autumn in 2021 and the financial prerequisites for this should be established. “
As the city senate commissioned the civil engineering department with the award of the award on July 17, 2019 and the award also in accordance with the principle resolution of the municipal council of July 12, 2012 for the award of the competition for the redesign of Bozner Platz by the municipal council. With the determination contained in the resolution, the resolution of the city senate of June 24th, 2020 is also settled.
Reason for points 2 and 3:
Now that the municipal council has voted on this, the decision-making body must be correctly designated.
The special community council meetings ensure excitement and discussion.
More news from Innsbruck can be found here