Young man shot on open street at Stovner in Oslo – NRK Norway – Overview of news from different parts of the country
– For example, we do not know anything about the background for the incident, but he was found in the square outside Stovner center, the police’s task leader Svein Arild Jørundland told NRK.
He does not want to rule out that this shooting may have something to do with the murder of Mortensrud on October 7.
– We are looking at whether there is a connection between the various episodes that have been in Oslo lately, also this episode, says Jørundland.
He further told that the young man is shot in the stomach and transported to hospital.
– The man had an entrance hole and an exit hole in the abdomen. I know he’s been on the operating table. That’s what I can say.
Saw people running away
Witnesses saw several people running from the scene and in the direction of the subway at Stovner.
One of them was Aysha Rizwan (21) who got off the subway and was at Stovner Senter. There she first saw a police car and heard dogs barking.
– Then I see some guys who screamed and ran away. I do not know if they were just nearby or if they were there when it happened, Rizwan said.
She thinks it is heavy and difficult.
– I was confused when I saw it. Why does this not end? I get really sad and angry when I think about it, she says to NRK.
Was found in the square
The police’s operations leader Vidar Pedersen, stated just before 10 pm that several people had been seen running away from the scene.
– Naturally, we send a lot of police and we are now looking for one or more possible perpetrators, says operations leader Pedersen.
The police are now working on the crime scene with questioning of witnesses, securing the crime scene and obtaining electronic traces.
The scene of the shooting is close to Stovner center and Stovner police station.
– Was very scared
NRK has spoken to several people who were in the area when the shooting happened. Tell them they are shocked by what has happened.
Reja came out of work just after 9 pm when she heard two shots.
– At first I thought it was some young people fooling around, but then I understood that it was shots I had heard. Then I saw several young people running towards the subway.
– Were you scared?
– I was very scared, says Reja.