Do you want to work on the protection of nature together with enthusiastic colleagues? Do you want the vision of our beautiful brand approach to appealing communication? And do you have a heart for nature? Then we, the World Wildlife Fund (WWF-NL), are looking for you:
Communication Manager (32-40 hours per week)
Communication manager Dutch landscape
You will work together with the team for the landscape of the Netherlands. This team is responsible for developing strategic programs to protect and restore biodiversity in the Netherlands and the Caribbean Netherlands. Together with partner organizations we are working on a movement of citizens, companies and are working towards more and healthy nature and for nature as an ally for all transactions for the Netherlands. Think of combating and adapting to climate change, room for natural rivers, nature-friendly agriculture, a resilient North Sea and resilient coral reefs in the Netherlands. You help your colleagues to put these topics on the map within our nature conservation strategy, both internally and externally. You develop communication strategies that promote a sustainable Netherlands and thus contribute to life within the boundaries of one earth, for both a broad Dutch public and specific and national stakeholders.
What are you going to do
• You are responsible for the communication strategy and its implementation, aimed at positioning WWF-NL on the topics in your portfolio (internally and externally).
• You contribute to the realization of nature conservation, communication, brand, and marketing objectives.
• You agree communication priorities with internal teams and attract the right target groups, such as media, companies, supporters, customs, other NGOs, knowledge institutions, farmers, fishermen, etc.
• You function as a spider in the web between the inner and outer world. For example, by recognizing communication opportunities based on current events and translating them into activities to increase our position in the social debate.
• You work closely with your communication colleagues to coordinate internal development and to broaden storytelling towards relevant themes such as climate change and making the food system more sustainable.
• You translate the results we have achieved into communication tools for relevant target groups.
• You monitor the process, time and quality of communication projects.
• You discuss substantive themes, trends and developments and translate this into concrete terms.
• You work closely with the Public Affairs team to influence politics and work.
• You work closely with the marketing teams, such as the youth team and the corporate team.
What do we ask
You have HBO/WO work and thinking level and at least 5 years of relevant opinion in the field of practical communication.
You are good at setting up a communication strategy and identifying opportunities to make a difference through communication. But also in developing communication tools for the different target groups on different channels.
You are a real connector and you get people involved in your plans. You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
You are flexible, you can manage your time well and you can advise clearly.
You have an affinity with nature and sustainability and you like to delve deeper here.
Who are we
We ‘Pandas’ work hard every day to protect nature worldwide. We do that in a different way. For example with ‘classical’ nature conservation: protecting animal species and establishing them together with local protection areas. We also want to contribute to sustainable behavioral change. Our enthusiastic and expert colleagues have a great ambition: together we strive for a world where people live in harmony with nature. we want to get millions of people moving to make sustainable choices: every day. We do this in a positive way: based on urgency, but above all, based on hoops. Will you help too?
Our brand values
• round number
What do we offer
The World Wildlife Fund is a professional and dynamic organization with an informal working atmosphere. This is a 32-40 hour contract. We are located in Zeist and encourage the use of public transport and bicycles for commuting and business trips. Initially, an annual contract with one month of probation is offered. The World Wildlife Fund offers a competitive salary.
Information and procedure
Are you interested in this position and do you recognize yourself in the above profile? Then we invite you to send your CV and motivation no later than October 31 to Rozalie Feenstra, HR Business Partner. You can send it by using the application form which you can find at the bottom of the vacancy at our website.
Questions about the position can be directed to Annemiek Heuvelmans, Head of Brand & Campaigns ([email protected]).
international striving actively to ensure that our employees are a reflection of society and the character of our organization.
We care about the safety and protection of our colleagues. We therefore ask you to complete a declaration of integrity and may ask for references. A Statement of Good Conduct is required for all.