According to Dyachenko, there will be enough gas reserves in Ukraine for the winter.
The expert reassures: there will be enough gas for heating in Ukraine / photo UNIAN
In the new heating season, Ukraine will have enough available gas reserves, however, there are no problems. They may arise due to difficulties with the transit of Russian natural gas.
This opinion of the expert on energy issues Sergei Dyachenko on the air of the channel “Ukraine 24“.
According to him, the energy crisis did not start because of Ukraine, it is a global one. The expert’s forecast for the next season is optimistic.
“18 billion cubic meters of gas is enough for the average cold to pass the winter. However, in order for the pipe to have normal gas consumption in winter, there must be transit – at least 40 billion cubic meters of annual volume, thanks to the eastern regions energy consumption is built in such a way from the volume of transit gas and compensation for receipt, because when the pipeline operates in direct mode, all storage facilities in the west are there, and they can not supply gas to the eastern regions – he explained, adding that for this purpose they “replace” the scheme.
Read alsoIn Kyiv, the connection of buildings to heat has begun
“This is not a theft of gas – we compensate, it’s just created. Therefore, if there is no transit, you can deploy the GTS on the reverse, as it was in 2009, and buy more volumes in Europe,” – says Dyachenko.
He also explains that further reversals in a situation that was difficult but possible.
“Compressor stations need to be deployed. Another thing is that if they change their minds and want transit, they will deploy again. This is a difficult thing and costs money. Therefore, it is better to keep real transit through Ukraine and everything to work properly,” said the expert.
- On October 6, the price of gas sales in Europe reached almost $ 2 thousand per thousand cubic meters, which is an absolute record.
- 5 countries of the European Union are asking to investigate abnormally high gas prices. In a joint statement, France, Spain, the Czech Republic, Romania and Greece called for common rules on gas purchases to mitigate the sharp jump in gas prices.
- Among the main reasons for the record rise in natural gas prices in Europe – low gas reserves in higher conditions due to the cold winter and weak load rates caused by lack of supply.
- According to the Ukrainian Energy Exchange, the weighted average price of gas at European hubs to the Ukrainian border reached UAH 40 per cubic meter.
- Thus for household consumers of our country the annual offer of the price for gas from 7,96 to 13,5 UAH for cubic meter operates, and for the enterprises of teplokomunenergo “Naftogaz” offers three-year contracts at the price of 7,42 UAH for cubic meter for the first year.
If you find an error, open it with the mouse and press Ctrl + Enter