VADUZ – In November, the state will end the assumption of costs for corona tests. The government is sticking to its decision that. Only people with symptoms are exempt from the costs.
The country currently bears the costs for PCR tests in the test line as well as for rapid antigen tests carried out by doctors, in pharmacies and in test stations. People insured in Liechtenstein can therefore have themselves tested free of charge, regardless of whether they have symptoms of Covid 19 disease or not.
However, the government has already announced that it will only cover these costs until the end of October. She wants to hold on to this decision-maker. “In the meantime, a wide range of free vaccinations has been made available to the population, which is why the assumption of costs for tests will be restricted from November 1, 2021,” said the Ministry of Society. The government adjusted the Covid-19 regulation accordingly on Tuesday.
Reimbursement of costs only in exceptional cases
Symptom-free people who die undergoing a test to obtain a 3G certificate will have to pay for it themselves in the future. The costs for rapid antigen tests in pharmacies and test stations are no longer borne by the state. In order to fight pandemics, PCR tests will continue to be paid for by the state if the person concerned undergoes testing based on symptoms.
A triage is carried out via the state’s test hotline on +423 235 45 32.
- People who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons are also exempt from the costs
- pregnant women during the entire period of pregnancy. These two groups of people must show a medical certificate before the sample can be taken.
- For children before their 16th birthday, the test costs will also continue to be borne by the state.
- For a limited period until mid-December 2021, the country will also carry out PCR tests on asymptomatic people who have only received one of the two planned vaccine doses by then.
- General PCR tests ordered by the Public Health Office, for example in the context of outbreak investigations, are also paid for.
Covid-19 certificate for people who have been vaccinated and recovered abroad
From October 27, 2021, all persons who have been vaccinated abroad or have recovered abroad and who are resident in Liechtenstein or who enter Liechtenstein can obtain a Liechtenstein Covid-19 certificate. In order for WE to enable these people to participate in social life, it says in the communication. The documents required for this must be submitted electronically to the Public Health Office.
With the introduction of the certificate for those vaccinated or recovered abroad who do not already have a valid European Covid-19 certificate, the equality of foreign vaccination certificates ends, i.e. with these, access to certification obligations or events is no longer permitted.