Have you always wanted to work for a dynamic company where the growth opportunities are endless? Who knows, IKEA Amsterdam may become your new workplace! The Swedish store is looking for new colleagues for many different types of functions.
Are you curious about all open vacancies at IKEA Amsterdam? Check quickly this website. If you would like to apply, you can do so directly here. Both full-time and part-time (side job) positions are open.
IKEA scores high when it comes to being an employer. How did that happen? The difference is made with the open and honest corporate culture. If you start working here, you will join a diverse team in which you will work together with colleagues from many different nationalities. In addition, about 50 percent of executives are women.
In addition, IKEA has equality and equal treatment important. Anyone can and should be at this company. IKEA employees have a lot in common. What can you think about? All colleagues love the hectic pace of a large store. Everyone is also fully committed to helping the customer and each other. When necessary, everyone is filling shelves of each other to help at the checkout, function of position. Together we create a nice atmosphere and we have a lot of fun together.
Climate neutral and circular in 2030
IKEA is committed to sustainability. The ambition is to realize this ambition. As of October 1, all disposable batteries will be removed from the range and you can only get rechargeable batteries. And by working for IKEA you also work for the IKEA Foundation. The foundation has approximately 200 million to fund projects that focus on creating a livable planet. Who wouldn’t want to be part of working on this ambition?! Working at IKEA realize working for a retailer that makes a positive impact.
Nice extras for IKEA colleagues
IKEA Amsterdam is open seven days a week and has late night shopping every weekday. The hundreds of IKEA employees at the location alternate in shifts from early morning to late evening. So depending on what your life looks like, there is always a position with services that fit your schedule. You will receive your schedule four weeks in advance, so you know exactly when and how much you work.
The great working conditions also make IKEA a popular employer. The company offers a competitive salary with many extras. Think of a good pension scheme, a standard 13e month in addition to vacation pay and 25 vacation days. Do you work early mornings and evenings on Sundays and public holidays? Then you will also receive good allowances. In addition, you will receive a full reimbursement for travel by public transport for commuting. You also get a 15 percent staff discount and you can eat with a discount in the staff restaurant. Do you work an evening shift and are you present for at least 7 hours? Then the evening meal is paid for by IKEA. You can enjoy a salad in the staff restaurant, but of course the classics such as the (vegetable) Swedish meatballs are not missing either!
Read more under the photo >
Ambition is appreciated
IKEA is not alone the place to be for your complete home furnishings, but also for a fantastic career as a (side) job. Your development is central, because for IKEA the following applies: if you grow, IKEA will grow too.
The story of Elvira, working at IKEA, illustrates this. She started as an intern seven years ago and then went through an internal training program to become a team manager. Made the next step to sales manager a year ago. Within that role, she is responsible for the entire floor with the home accessories, together with a team of team managers and eighty employees.
You can get started in this department
At the moment there are several vacancies open at various departments within IKEA Amsterdam. Overview of the most important features per department:
- This department is responsible for unloading and loading trucks, filling the store with goods, collecting orders for customers and other activities
- The filling process largely takes place in the early morning between 5.00/6.00 am – 10.00 am. Many orders and work are carried out during the day and/or evening. The logistics department also has an evening process that continues after the store closes.
- Part-time positions in logistics appeal to many different people. Such as students and freelancers, who combine their own studies with a job at IKEA. But also colleagues who combine this job with family life.
- Full-time positions are in demand by people with an interest in logistics and variety in tasks
- The research team is very diverse in composition and, in relation to what people think, certainly not a men’s department.
- This department is responsible for checkout, customer service, reception, IKEA Småland and making shopping aids such as shopping carts and yellow bags available to customers.
- Work is performed between 08.00 – 22.00, but especially during opening hours of the store, in various services.
- Do you want to work here? Then it is important that you have a passion for customers and offering service, you can empathize with our customers and communicate clearly. In addition, no day is the same and it is important that you are flexible and can work well in a hectic environment.
- The Sales department is responsible for advising customers and selling products and services. The Sales department consists of several work areas.
- In the Showroom we show and sell furniture as well as (dream) kitchens and cabinets that we often personally plan with customers and other services.
- In the Home accessories department, customers come across all kinds of home items that they can buy directly from the shelves.
- In it, customers can pick up the furniture they want to buy from the racks. They can also get advice here and request additional service.
- Business colleagues work within sales who enjoy meeting and helping customers and who have a passion for home furnishings. In the Showroom there are often usage and advice conversations. Home accessories and the self-service warehouse feel at home: there are many short meetings with customers and you are also on the move a lot to keep the department in order.
- The working hours coincide with the work of the store with preparatory work and subsequent work.
- IKEA’s various catering establishments selection of a restaurant, a supermarket with Swedish delicacies, the bistro at the cash registers where snacks such as hot dogs and ice creams are sold, a staff restaurant and sometimes also a coffee bar;
- Within Food, colleagues work with a great sense of hospitality and a hands-on mentality. They serve and sell a lot of good quality Swedish food and products. In addition, the overall process of food safety.
- The advantage compared to working in the regular catering industry The opening hours of IKEA Food are those of the store with preparatory and closing activities. So you are still home on time during evening shifts. You know four weeks in advance when and for how long you have to work and your allowances for working on weekends and public holidays/evenings;
We have team managers in all departments within IKEA who, together with their team, ensure that customers have a good experience and that everything runs smoothly. Do you have a passion for home furnishings and IKEA? Can you get the best out of yourself and others? Can you communicate, organize and are you stress resistant? Does working in IKEA’s dynamic environment appeal to you? Are you always looking for ways to do better? Then take a good look at the vacancies for executives. Good to know: your experiences as a leader are important to us at IKEA than to know your experience in a frequently applied one.
Have you become enthusiastic about working at IKEA Amsterdam? on the website view all vacancies that are currently open.