Mr. Lalov, the scandal between you and the leadership of “Democratic Bulgaria” is growing. What do you want Ivo Mirchev to say when he announces that you are nervous about Mr. Peevski’s return to politics?
– First of all, this is not a scandal, a process that has been in Democratic Bulgaria for a long time – impossibility for real dialogue, impossibility for the grassroots to broadcast policies and policies, lack of representation … What about Mirchev when a dispute becomes compromising, this speaks volumes about the approach and thinking of the opponent. Specifically, this man is talking about a case that in itself tells the public more details about the battle in the judiciary – a meeting with Georgi Kolev and Vladimira Yaneva, where Peevski also appeared. Both Ivanov, Mirchev and Koneva know this story very well when they show me that they must leave the Saturday system and join the DB. I’m not afraid, so I have no connection. All at the same time I write down whether they have connections with Prokopiev or Kovachki. There are no clear answers here. All he asked of them was to observe an important democratic principle in the nomination of candidates for MPs, to have communication with local structures, to have the right approach to minorities. The closure of the party is justified by several people. Antoaneta Tsoneva and Ivo Mirchev have a major share, the answer of Hristo Ivanov, who has exceptional potential, is that he tolerates this. I was denied a debate for months. If he did not raise the issue now that there is increased audibility, then the electorate would not have asked me why I did not speak before the vote to vote informed. I also asked for a report on party funds and an analysis of the election results so far. I think that Ivanov, Tsoneva and Mirchev are afraid that they will take over the government of the country. They prefer to be a parliamentary minority that speaks beautiful cities.
Is this the horizon of this coalition?
– From my point of view, no. Democrats need broad representation. But DB does not produce new faces – open their site and you will be convinced that the faces are the same. However, I believe that the DB should create leaders. The leader should have a function of the members, not to dictate to them what is right and what is not. If Ivanov goes to the tram tomorrow, which will take over the party? The dropped professions, which are customs, were chairmen of the Sofia District Court – a prestigious and highly paid job for life to listen to. To become a municipal councilor or MP, which is a seasonal job. And they accuse me of careerism. Does anyone ask the question “Why did Kiril Petkov and many other people leave DB?”
Two years ago, on the eve of local elections, you will be united by big stars in the DB, and beat water in the list in Sofia. Moreover, it is commented that you are a highly qualified lawyer and because you are not in the SOC, but in the parliament. What happened that you left the mainstream of the democratic coalition?
– First of all, let me clarify that in the current elections I have shown that I will be a candidate for MP. But we should not be guided by the leadership of the DB, when I said that it is not right in some municipal funds to accept the introduction of BGN 4,000 – for 1 hour of work per month. The guidance of the present to be obtained, and after the questions asked for a public debate on the subject. This pays them and they are declared a non-team player. The battle led me to the point that we reduced the salaries by half, but this is still BGN 24,000 per year. I repeat – for 1 hour of work per month. I understand that the party needs funds, which is why it does not provide subsidies. Not this way! Take me months to get to the decisions of the National Council, which he shows me access to.
Aren’t you involved in the organizational life of DB?
– No, although until recently he was chairman of the municipal list of DB. There is no debate in the National Assembly, speeches are made and applause is heard. I am not presented that I will participate in such an organization. Now I will be spit on, but time will pass and people will be found to democratize the DB. If you are going to change Bulgaria, the tool through which you will do it must be an example.
Were the internal party ones caused to press the chairmanship of the group in the SOC?
– Yes. The resignation is my personal decision. Use that I do not have the monolithic support of their in my principles struggles.
The rules of the obvious impression that already in the treatment of your election are either not on the lists of the DB, or you are in an ineligible place.
– First of all, elections would be nominated, but my candidacy was not introduced. After the second election he was nominated again and I decided to fight, which provides incredible stories in the National Assembly and I was awarded the last 28th place in one of the lists. Now I did not run at all. With a subsidy, the party will be built through appointments. And the leaves line up at night. This is Boris’s model.
Are you the only one in DB who reacts in this way?
– No, but I’m the only one who reacts violently. Fear is the mail on which authoritarianism grows. What are the conclusions when a single leader tells you that there is nothing democratic in the list? You have to be an assembled team that meets the leaders …. There is no such norm in the party’s statute!
Did you have this face-to-face conversation with Hristo Ivanov?
– Yes, before the last election. Hristo refused to discuss my candidacy at the National Assembly. Ultimately, the Coalition’s Presiding Council decided where to place it. Hristo Ivanov, Atanas Atanasov and Vladislav Panev all decide.
Do you expect the explanations that you are a traitor and split the coalition to start?
– I am not a traitor for people who believe in the principles according to which the DB was created. This DB – to Kristian Takov (his bright memory), to Hristo Ivanov and to Manuela Maleeva. And not that of Ivo Mirchev and Antoaneta Stefanova. I still believe in the basic postal memory of Hristo Ivanov.
Why didn’t you try to talk to Hristo Ivanov again in this situation?
– Communication channels in the party with broken. In my case, everyone is connected to that story – about municipal funds. Choose voters to know this before the election. But by the end of my term in the SOC, I will bring a case for development and this money will no longer be taken.
Are the six beneficiaries of the money from the municipal funds in the lists of the DB now?
“Some of them, yes.” The idea of internal elections is completely forbidden. And I am declared to the citizens what risky creators they are.
The curious thing is that the BSP holds internal elections and the DB does not.
– Unfortunately, it is so – the totalitarian BSP does it, we do not.
Once many democrats pinned their hopes on the rebels in the judiciary Lozan Panov, Metodi Lalov, Kalin Kalpakchiev. You were the first of them to enter politics. What is your relationship with your former colleague Lozan Panov?
“I haven’t seen him in years.” Support him personally as a presidential candidate. I have criticized him when I will be chairman of the SCC and he will be chairman of the SCC. After that, they did not receive support from him. Otherwise, he is a sophisticated, intelligent and democratic community must withdraw his candidacy for president like a volcano. And timid attempts were made. I will be very angry if we waste such an exceptional figure.
Do you stay in politics?
– I’m staying. He also told Hristo Ivanov in a personal conversation. Abandoned job that usually wins social change. If you retire, you will demotivate many people.
And if it turns out that there will be no future in the DB?
– What does it mean to be, I am a member of the DB. I will always be socially active. There is no way to scare me with intentions to compromise. And Christ knows that there is a great truth in what he says.
Will you officially represent these residents at the national conference in the DB, which is now being discussed?
– I have been waiting for this upcoming conference for more than a year. I was announced now because of the facts I presented. I’m waiting for hardware tricks so that the whole truth can’t be told. But we will teach them to listen to everyone.
The conversation is led by Emil Yanev