Through Nicolas Drusien
No time to go to the opera for a full show? The national auditorium-orchestra of Lyon (Rhône) decided to address all audiences by offering short concerts at the single price of 15 euros during the lunch break and afterworks.
Both amateurs of shows and novices alike can meet an entire orchestra, a recital, a solo musician or a marching band. As master of ceremonies, the actor Damien Laquet will honor the spectators with his presence (you probably know this as the official voice of Rabbids).
When to enjoy these short shows
The short animations of the auditorium-orchestra are divided between lunch breaks and afterworks.
Here is the program for the weeks to come at noon:
- Friday, October 22, 2021 at 12:30 p.m. with the ONL and Leonard Slatkin. Experience the symphonic concert, (re) discover the myth of Faust seen by Henri Rabaud, before Olivier Massot, solo bassoon of the ONL, takes you far into Celtic mythology, to discover five enchanted trees .
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 12:30 pm with the musicians of the ONL. The musicians of the Orchester national de Lyon have concocted a dancing menu that gives pride of place to Camille Saint-Saëns for the centenary of his death. Spice it up with a piece by Guillaume Connesson inspired by techno music, without forgetting for dessert a brilliant fantasy by Malcolm Arnold, the author of the unforgettable music of the Bridge of the River Kwaï.
- Friday, February 11, 2022 at 12:30 p.m. with the ONL and Markus Stenz. After the mysteries of the birth of the universe painted by Joseph Haydn, Markus Stenz and the entire Orchester National de Lyon will guide you through the Austrian countryside to hear the murmuring streams, sing the birds, dance the peasants, burst the storm and shine the rediscovered sun.
- Friday, March 18, 2022 at 12:30 p.m. with organist Lucile Dollat, who offers a breathtaking menu: 6,500 tips to propel you into the incredible world of the Auditorium’s organ, capable of caressing you as well as capturing you with its orchestral power.
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 12:30 p.m. with the ONL Brass and Percussion Ensemble. The Brass and Percussion Ensemble of the Orchester National de Lyon offers a varied menu: from the splendours of Baroque England to the jazzy rhythms of Gershwin, from the illustrious “Dance of the Knights” by Prokofiev to the main themes of the saga James Bond, horns, trumpets, trombones, tuba and percussions carry you along in their copper glow.
And the afterworks program:
- Friday, November 5, 2021 at 18 hours. Franz Schubert Song of the spirits on the waters, Michel petrossian Sidonian loves, Musicatreize Roland Hayrabedian conductor.
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 18 hours. Richard Wagner Symphony Suite from The Ring of Nibelung (arr. Henk De Vlieger, extracts), Vincent Boujon Video animations based on comics by Alex Alice, Orchester national de Lyon. Before the concert: XXL Music & BD workshop, with Lyon BD Festival (free, subject to availability, on presentation of the concert ticket)
- Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 18 hours. Sergei Prokofiev Pierre and the Wolf, Orchester national de Lyon, conducted by Rebecca Tong, intervention by Anne Brochet (actress). Before the concert: XXL workshop “The instruments of the orchestra” with the Auditorium-ONL teams (free, subject to availability, on presentation of the concert ticket).
- Thursday March 10, 2022 at 18 hours. Meeting with Louise Farrenc Nonette (in E flat major), George Onslow Nonette (in A minor), Jocelyn Aubrun (flute), Clarisse Moreau (oboe), Nans Moreau (clarinet), Olivier Massot (bassoon), Manon Souchard (horn) , Eliad Florea (violin), Marc ‐ Antoine Bier (viola), Themis Bandini (cello) and Pauline Depassio (double bass).
Has this article been useful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Lyon in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.