Prince Albert II was the guest of the show ” Rothen ignites »On RMC this Monday, October 11. The opportunity for the Sovereign, great supporter of AS Monaco and always present in the stands, to approach the management of the club of the Rock.
The Principality does not plan to increase its shares in the club
Almost ten years since Dmitri Rybolovlev is the majority shareholder of AS Monaco. Since December 2011, the Russian businessman has held 66.67% of the shares, leaving 33.33% to the Monegasque government. One widely accepted by Prince Albert II.
For the Prince’s Government, for the moment, there is no question of considering increasing its shares: ” This reflection has not occurred until now. If it comes back, we’ll think about it. Given the budgets involved, it will be very difficult anyway. “
Prince Albert II even confided that he had no regrets about having sold a large part of his shares in 2011: “ It would have been unreasonable (to keep them). I am not considering that, I have talked about it with the government and the people are receiving from the club. It was the only option available to us. It would have been extremely unreasonable for the Principality to maintain the shareholding as it was before. “
The Prince validates the new decision-making of the leaders
Beyond the transfer of the shares, the Prince also gave his opinion on the decision-making of the leaders of the club. Despite a completely new turn for AS Monaco, with trading set up as a model, the Sovereign validated this change of course: ” It is a project significantly different from what we had done in the past, it is the evolution of football but also the costs linked to maintaining a team among the elite. (…) We manage to have a certain influence on certain things. But afterwards, we cannot intervene from day to day and I do not want to either. We always have to find compromises so that the management of a club like Monaco can be positive. I regret that we cannot keep certain players for several years. But this is, unfortunately, the evolution of professional football. ”
The Prince assures all the same to walk in confidence with the leaders: ” The leaders have always been very courteous, benevolent. They always listened to what we had to say. It is a cordial understanding which, I hope, is constructive. That doesn’t mean there weren’t mistakes made. The club is moving in the right direction. We also hope that there will be results at the end. ”
>> READ ALSO: Dmitri Rybolovlev shares his passion for football and reaffirms his ambitions for the future