After the TV 2 vet, Børge Lund must want to give as the assistant to Berge. Lund has worked with the national team since 2016. The last year in a limited position next to the coaching job in Elverum.
Now the Norwegian Handball Association confirms to TV 2 on Børge Lund gives himself as assistant coach on the national team, but denies that it has anything to do with Kolstad cases where the top clubs believe Christian Berge has had an unacceptable double role.
Critical of the Handball Association: – They have let Berge do as he pleases
– What Børge is very clear about is that it has nothing to do with the role mix. This is about total load, says Langerud and continues:
– The timing of course means that it can be linked to that case, but that is not the case. I have had a good dialogue with Børge and he can probably also be registered as a total trader. There has been dissatisfaction with the fact that he has had a role as club coach combined with the job on the national team.
– Does it have anything to do with decisions?
– We know there has been dissatisfaction with the double role as coach of a club team and assistant on the national team, but we need Børge and so on and had special that he should continue.
TV 2 has not succeeded in getting in touch with Børge Lund.
TV 2 wrote earlier Monday that Jonas Wille was intended as the new assistant coach. In a press release, the handball association now confirms that the former Halden coach will take over the assistant role. He is now in Swedish IFK Kristianstad and has in recent seasons coached several clubs in Denmark and Sweden. He has also worked with the national team manager when Berge has needed to be close to everyday club life.
– It was an easy decision and an honor to be asked about something like that. That Christian Advertis to have with me is an honor, of course. It is an incredibly motivating opportunity to be allowed to work with players at the very highest level, Wille tells TV 2.
– It will be very nice. We know each other well from before. We know where we are both academically and socially. There we are confident in different.
Wille will go straight into the assistant role and will be part of the support staff in the Gjensidige Cup in Trondheim 4-7 November. Norway will meet Denmark, France and the Netherlands.
– There is no doubt that there will be more work in the future with preparations, but these are things you can motivate and willing to spend extra time on. It’s just fun.