Through Samilei Hoarau
If you have already looked forward to the end of the year celebrations to bring a little magic in, this news will undoubtedly please you: the City ofAnnecy (Haute-Savoie) announced its traditional Christmas market !
He will come back from November 22, 2021 to January 2, 2022. And this year it will be different, but more ambitious than in previous editions.
The market spread over nine sites and 150 chalets
The Christmas markets had also suffered from the health crisis last year. In Annecy, as in many cities in France, the festivities were to be canceled. So in 2021, the town wants to catch up, while learning about the risks of Covid contamination.
The Venice of the Alps Christmas market will therefore be extended in several delegated municipalities around Annecy, thus presenting a total of 150 chalets, almost double compared to 2019, where there were 80.
You can find them on nine different sites:
• In Annecy:
– Vicenza quay and around the Saint-François and Saint-Maurice churches
– town hall esplanade
– Square des Martyrs de la deportation (family atmosphere with the village of Santa Claus)
– Courier and Place François-de-Menthon (gourmet scents)
• In Annecy-le-Vieux: Central Street
• In Cran-Gevrier: avenue de la République – Place Chorus
• In Meythet: in front of the town hall
• At Pringy: Mas des Jacobins (musical atmosphere and activities linked to nature)
• In Seynod: town hall square (ice rink)
As usual, you can find your Christmas presents, decorations, or warm up with a mulled wine, pancakes or a good fondue.
From entertainment and shows of all kinds will also of course be on the program, which you can also find, when it is unveiled, on the site Christmas in the Alps Annecy.
Christmas market hours
– For the Annecy markets: Monday to Thursday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
– For all other markets: Monday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Has this article been useful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Haute-Savoie in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.