Veton Berisha and Dennis Johnsen among surprises in Ståle Solbakken’s national team squad for the war in Turkey – Dagsavisen
The settlements will be wasted on 8 and 11 October. Norway is on a par with the Netherlands at the top of the table after an all team has wasted six out of ten games.
The pool winner gets a World Cup place while the doubles team goes out and a game next year.
After Alexander Sørloth was injured, there has been a lot of discussions about who should get his top spot on the national team. Both Ola Kamara, Ohi Omoijuanfu, Erik Botheim and Thomas Lehne Olsen have been mentioned, but in the end the choice fell on the Vikings’ Veton Berisha.
– He is one of the few players I will say that he has to run a little less. I do not think I have ever said that to any player, but I can say that to him. He is almost too aggressive and too enterprising which means that he may be a little less calculating in crucial situations, but he could otherwise be, said the national team manager.
Grytebust took the last goalkeeper position
Rune Almenning Jarstein is still not ready to play, and Andre Hansen was injured this weekend. Ørjan Håskjold Nyland (Bournemouth), Per Kristian Bråtveit (Groningen) and Stian Grytebust (FC Copenhagen) are the goalkeepers in the selection that was announced on Tuesday.
– Kristiansund’s Sean McDermott was relevant, but I must have been through and violent paper mill. That’s because he’s not been an Irish trooper. Such processes often take a couple of months. It is not certain that he could still be taken, but it would clearly be possible to get more months, but it would be easier for national team coach Ståle Solbakken during Tuesday’s press conference.
– He has surprised us
Sander Berge is still injured, and thus we can not take this time anymore, while Solbakken has great faith that Erling Braut Haaland will be ready.
– I do not see that he can play in the team we have reached considering the injury and the course of the fight he has been through. We are also in a corona bubble with difficult self-training, like Solbakken.
– Sander hopes to train on Wednesday and Thursday and be in the squad against Bournemouth. I called Sander yesterday and announced that he will not join the squad, he added.
Berge has not wasted for Norway under Solbakken. The last international he played was in October 2020.
Dennis Johnsen, who is thus part of his first A national team squad, has impressed Solbakken in his matches in Italy for Venice.
– He has surprised us, especially in the last matches. He had a very rough time in the Netherlands, but he has become much more disciplined after coming to Italy, as Solbakken.
Keepers: Per Kristian Bråtveit (Nimes), Ørjan Håskjold Nyland (Bournemouth), Sten Grytebust (Vejle)
Defense: Kristoffer Vassbakk Ajer (Brentford), Fredrik Bjørkan (Bodø / Glimt), Ruben Gabrielsen (Toulouse), Stian Gregersen (Molde), Marius Lode (Bodø / Glimt), Andreas Hanche Olsen (Gent), Marcus Holmgren Pedersen (Feyenoord), Birger Meling (Rennes), Julian Ryerson (Union Berlin), Stefan Strandberg (Salernitana)
Midfield: Fredrik Aursnes (Feyenoord), Patrick Berg (Bodø / Glimt), Mats Møller Dæhli (Nürnberg), Dennis Johnsen (Unione Venezia), Aron Dønnum (Standard Liege), Mohamed Elyounoussi (Southampton), Jens Petter Hauge (Eintracht Frankfurt), Mathias Normann (Rostov), Morten Thorsby (Sampdoria), Martin Ødegaard (Arsenal),
Tip: Erling Braut Haaland (Borussia Dortmund), Joshua King (Watford), Kristian Thorstvedt (Genk), Veton Berisha (Viking)