Long queues outside the nightclubs in several places in the country – NRK Norway – Overview of news from different parts of the country
This article is over a month old and may contain outdated advice from the authorities regarding coronary heart disease.
Stay up to date in NRK’s overview, or through FHI’s website.
Many used Saturday night to go out on the town, after almost all the coronary restrictions were lifted on Saturday at 16.00.
In advance, several nightclubs throughout the country were prepared for chaos and a full party.
Several police districts report a night trip with a lot of congestion in the nightclubs, violence and noise.
– The police in Oslo have had a noticeably larger workload last night than we had earlier this summer. There were a lot of people out after the picture from Saturday afternoon and it continued throughout the night, says operations manager Rune Hekkelstrand in the Oslo police district to NRK on Sunday morning.
A man is being treated for head injuries after he was subjected to violence at Stortorget in Oslo last night. According to the police, these are serious injuries. No one has been arrested in the case.
In Øvre Slottsgate, a man was stabbed in the foot. The police can track down between three and five people who have run from the scene.
– There have been many disturbances, episodes of violence, fights and the like. Several people have also been arrested for possession of machete, knives and other weapons, says Hekkelstrand.
Several mass targets
There have also been several incidents of violence in the South-East police district. In Skien, a mother was fired by a party participant in Skien. The situation developed into a mass brawl on the lawn outside. No one became very popular.
On the pier in Tønsberg, several people barked together in a mass fight. No one was seriously injured here either.
In Bergen, a 19-year-old boy was sent to hospital after I hit and kicked in the city center.
Long queues at the nightclubs
In Oslo, it was already at 9 pm on Saturday night full of people in line outside the city’s night spots. Although many had to stand in line, the atmosphere was good.
– A lot of buyers, but good atmosphere, people are in a good mood, says Kristoffer Haugen to NRK.
He is happy that the reopening is finally a fact.
– What challenge have you been waiting for it to become normal?
– 561 days. I have missed dancing, says Haugen.
Fainted in the bar queue
There were also long purchases at the nightclubs in Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger and Tromsø. In Trondheim, a large crowd was reported in the bar street. At one point, the congestion became so great that several fainted while standing in line.
– In the center of Trondheim, there are a lot of people out to celebrate the reopening after the corona. People in the streets, partly great pressure in the queues, which has meant that some people have been out of breath, said operations manager Solfrid Lægheim in Trøndelag police district to NRK on Saturday night.
Some used the wait in line to sing the national anthem and the Ole Ivars song “I thought the angels exist”.
A good atmosphere was reported from Bergen and Stavanger.
The police in Sørvest have posted pictures on Twitter of the streets in Stavanger, where it is full of people.
– Good atmosphere in connection with reopening! writes the police.
Also in Bergen, the police receive reports of a lot of people shopping outside the nightclubs.
Raja tested the dance floor
Minister of Culture Abid Raja (V) was a many who celebrated the reopening of Norway in the city last night. He was at the nightclub Kulturhuset in Oslo, together with a friend.
The Minister of Culture broke loose on the dance floor together with other party-happy guests.
– This is absolutely fantastic. Now the whole of Norway has been waiting for this for 18 months. We are ready to dance and take back the culture and everyday life. I encourage everyone to go to theater, cinema, concerts and nightlife and use the offers we have, says Raja to NRK.