OSLO CENTER (VG) There is a full party in several places in the country. – Had not expected so much chaos!
Tomm W. Christiansen (photo)
– It’s total chaos. I do not know what to say. There are a lot of people out, says a somewhat hectic bar manager at the nightclub Jæger in Oslo, Sabina Lindh, to VG.
After 562 days of national initiatives, there is a full festival in several places in Norway after the country reopens on Saturday afternoon.
At Jæger in Oslo, so many people have come that they need to open the extra dance floor.
In front of the bar, it is packed with people trying to grab three bartenders.
To get past the crowd to the dance floor in the backyard, I have to go through a 20 different battle with close contact. There are races both standing and sitting inside the nightclub, and the clamps are loose
– I had not expected that there would be so much chaos for her. But it’s fun too, we’ve missed people, she says, before she has to run on.
1 of 3Photo: Tomm W. Christiansen
– Put Oslo at their feet
VG talks to three men who are at the nightclub, and they say that there are a lot of people out.
– The atmosphere is absolutely fantastic! You almost have to break at the bar, it’s completely wild, says one of them.
Outside, the queues stretch several tens of meters, and not everyone has the greatest hopes of getting into the nightclubs before the evening is over.
– It looks very bad. We thought we were out early who was here at 21, but bought has not moved since, says Didrik Berg (27).
He is standing in line with a friend available outside the nightclub.
– It’s fun with a party, I’ve been out with the family all day. There is a good atmosphere everywhere. But that there would be so many purchases now, I had not thought, he says.
1 of 6Photo: Tomm W. Christiansen
City councilor Raymond Johansen had a clear appeal to the people of Oslo who want to celebrate the reopening of society on Saturday:
– Put Oslo at their feet. It’s a wonderful city. Now people must be allowed to just be happy and use the city and show the love we have shown this city now for Oslo, now for many months. We are ready, also here in Oslo, and I reckon the rest of Norway is too.
1 of 3Photo: HELGE MIKALSEN
Good atmosphere in Stavanger
There is also a full party atmosphere elsewhere in the country. The police in the South-West have posted photos on Twitter of the streets in Stavanger, where it is packed with people in the center.
– Good atmosphere in connection with reopening! writes the police.
1 of 2Photo: South-West police district on Twitter
Operations Manager in the South-West Police District, Jøran Solheim, confirms that there is a good atmosphere in the city for VG.
– It is a very good event with music and fireworks under the auspices of the municipality, he says.
Solheim says that so far there has been no noise among people in the center on Saturday night.
The police in Trøndelag report a lot of people in the center of Trondheim. They write on Twitter that there is congestion I buy at the nightclubs.