That Salzburger Land has been an area in Austria since September 16, 2021 very high corona risk been classified. The national Corona Commission places Salzburg as the only federal state on the highest level of the five-level national Corona scale. In the rest of Austria there is a high or medium risk.
The members of the Medical and Administrative Commission argued that dying Seven-day incidence in Salzburg at around 180 Infected was particularly high, while the vaccination rate and contact follow-up lagged behind.
The Salzburg authorities are not announcing any immediate action in response to the classification.
Corona in Austria: step-by-step plan with tightened corona rules
In view of the increasing number of infections, the Austrian government issued a step-by-step plan last week sharpening of the Corona measures decided. As the Austrian news agency APA reported, the measures are now at the news agency Intensive bed occupancy. The rules for Unvaccinated.
Must follow the government plan
- Unvaccinated probably from next week in all shops and in public transportation wear FFP2 masks again.
- From an intensive care bed occupancy rate of ten percent (level one), everyone should be there again FFP2 mask wear where only a mouth and nose covering is currently compulsory.
- In addition, the validity period of Antigen tests reduced from 48 to 24 hours.
The intensive care beds in Austria are expected to be fully occupied in the coming week. It is currently eight percent. On Wednesday were all over Austria 180 Covid-19 patients in intensive care units.
With an intensive care bed occupancy rate of 15 percent (level two), there is a lot of debate in the first areas 2G regulation to grab. Anyone who wants to come to the so-called night gastronomy or an event with more than 500 people must either be vaccinated or recovered. Self-tests should no longer apply. From an intensive care bed occupancy rate of 20 percent (level three), only PCR tests should then apply in 3G areas.
The current corona numbers in Austria
- Seven-day incidence: 160.6
- New infections: 2198
- Total number: 718,091
- New services: 14
- Total: 10,870
- As of: 09/17/2021; Source: corona-in-zahlen.de
Stricter corona rules in Austria, especially for unvaccinated people
As of September 15, the FFP2 mask will replace the mouth and nose protection again. In addition, those who have not been vaccinated are obliged to wear such a mask in shops that do not serve their daily needs, including fashion shops, for example. If the numbers in the intensive care units continue to rise, further tightening could occur.
Basically, the concept, which was presented by Chancellor Sebastian Kurz (ÖVP) and Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein (Greens) in a press conference, is based on the utilization of the intensive care units. From ten percent, for example, the new mask regulations apply. In addition, as is common in Vienna, antigen tests are only valid for 24 hours. The start date was given on Wednesday September 15th. At this point, the 10 percent load should be reached.
Rules in Austria: Moving away from incidence to hospitalization – conversations about 1G?
According to the “Merkur”, referring to the Austrian media, another new rule should be a new benchmark. Accordingly, it would reveal a move away from the most recently important seven-day incidence and result in a closer consideration of the hospitalization incidence. Also the value that shows how busy the intensive care units are. As the portal further reports, the new benchmark should sound the alarm from a load of 30 percent.
The concept presented by Chancellor Kurz and Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein (Greens) is based on the utilization of intensive care units. For example, the new mask regulations apply from ten percent. In addition, as is common in Vienna, antigen tests are only valid for 24 hours. September 15th was given as the start date.
In addition, reported “Merkur”, talks about the 1G rule are said to have been held at Chancellor Kurz. This means that only vaccinated people would have access to events and restaurants in winter.
Stricter rules in Austria: an overview of the step-by-step plan
away 10 percent utilization of intensive care units These rules could apply to corona patients:
- Stricter controls on effective measures
- Antigen tests are only valid for 24 hours
- FFP2 mask binding where currently MNS (daily needs, public transport)
- Recommendation FFP2 for everyone also in the trade, for unvaccinated people
- binding (random checks by the police)
- 3G for events from 25 people (until now from 100 people)
away 15 percent utilization of intensive care units by corona patients
- Night gastronomy (and similar settings), events without (2G) assigned seats for more than 500 people: vaccinated / recovered
- Antigen tests with self-acceptance (living room tests) no longer valid for 3G
away 20 percent utilization of intensive care units by corona patients
- Wherever 3G is only vaccinated / recovery / PCR test