Some large hotels in Annecy offer their employees rooms in dedicated structures to cope with the lack of supply of small apartments in the city of Annecy during the summer. In addition, new training centers are emerging, such as the one at the old Pont de l’Abime hotel in Gruffy. In collaboration with the French Red Cross, he teaches catering trades with practical internships. Another avenue: the establishment of employers’ groups to hire employees on customary fixed-term contracts. This technique makes it possible to send the workforce according to specific needs in a specific restaurant, then in a hotel to alleviate the occasional shortage of staff.
A unique and preserved living environment
The Little Venice of the Alps is the nickname of Annecy because in the historic center the Old Prisons are surrounded by canals. With 120,000 inhabitants, the capital of Haute-Savoie has the advantages of a large city: numerous public services, a rich cultural offer all year round and the possibility of practicing most sports. But Annecy has managed to retain the charm of a provincial town outside the summer period. Its natural setting is unique. Lake Annecy is the purest in Europe. It allows you to practice many water activities such as sailing, paddleboarding, diving and quite simply swimming.
The nearby mountain ranges are the Aravis, the Bauges with the Semnoz station which are located just 20 minutes from the city center. Many winter sports resorts have kept an authentic character such as La Clusaz, Le Grand Bornand or Les Confins. These stations also make it possible to take advantage of the summer at altitude to go hiking on the many marked paths. Walkers set off to discover the fauna and flora of the Alps: marmots, ibex, chamois and eagles. Cycling enthusiasts can go around the lake and climb the many passes nearby.
Many festive and cultural events
The city of Annecy is fortunate to have a varied and high-quality cultural agenda that attracts a large public throughout the year. We offer you a calendar of events not to be missed:
- In February : The Venetian Carnival allows you to admire the hundreds of masks that wander through the city and on the Pont des Amours.
- In March the Cinema Festival allows children to see many recent movies and cartoons at a reduced rate.
- At the end of May, the Grandes Médiévales d’Andilly near Annecy allows you to dive back a few centuries to discover the ways and customs of the Middle Ages. Thousands of extras offer you numerous shows such as jousting tournaments.
- Mid-June, Annecy receives the International Animation Film Festival. Many free cartoons are shown on the Pâquier to discover the latest creations from Disney and Pixar studios.
- July to September: Annecy Landscapes Festival is the opportunity to stroll through the streets and parks of the city to discover contemporary art creations.
- In mid-July: The Musilac pop-rock festival in Aix-les-Bains allows you to discover internationally recognized artists on the stage.
- On the 1st Saturday of August the bay of Annecy welcomes the Lake Festival. It is the biggest fireworks show in Europe. For more than 90 minutes, the sky lights up with the lake as a backdrop.
- At the end of September, cinema lovers can participate in the Italian Film Festival of Annecy with in particular exchanges between the public and the actors.
- The second Saturday in October, the traditional festival of Descent of the Alpine pastures allows you to see the herds leaving the pastures for the winter.
- From the end of November to the beginning of January, the Christmas in the Annecy Alps offers beautiful festive events. You can take advantage of the dozens of chalets at the Christmas Market to prepare your gifts.
Settling in Annecy allows you to discover a beautiful region that combines economic dynamism, many festivities and a unique natural setting between lake and mountain.